Embarkation times.

Sorry in advance, I'm sure this has been asked many times before, if cruise is due to leave Barcelona at 5pm what time roughly can we board? It's Royal Caribbean, we need to check out of hotel around 11am, so was wondering how long we would be hanging around for,

I'd imagine that you would be able to go to the port at that time. If boarding hasn't already started you should be able to check in and boarding would start soon after that.

I've not cruised out of Barcelona but friends have and they checked in varying times between around 10.30am and 2pm.

Sorry in advance, I'm sure this has been asked many times before, if cruise is due to leave Barcelona at 5pm what time roughly can we board? It's Royal Caribbean, we need to check out of hotel around 11am, so was wondering how long we would be hanging around for,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We've arrived at the Barcelona cruise terminal at 11am a couple of times and they were already boarding, no waiting at all.

I have sailed from Barcelona a number of times. Most recent was last year.

In experience, it's reasonable to get to the port any time after 11:00am. Boarding will commence any time after.

Always tends to be busy and chaotic. Prepare for some queuing unless you are suite or are on the upper levels of loyalty. Expect to be on board the ship by 12:00.

So checking out of your hotel by 11:00am, taxi to port etc. should work out just right. If you arrive too early then there might be a short wait because the check-in desks will not have opened.