Britannia "On Deck Shows"?

tom_uk

When I visited Britannia last spring I received a press pack about the ship. In the Entertainment section there was a page for On Deck Shows - "Brand new for P&O is a spectacular new deck show, an explosion of light, colour and sound...". Then it went on to say (and this is the bit that fascinated me) "Dancers will appear a spontaneous intervals during the evening with set-pieces that will surround the audience gathered on deck, to provide an altogether interactive entertainment experience".

However, I haven't really heard any mention of these from Britannia passengers. Does anyone who's been on Britannia remember anything like this? If so, how was it?

When I visited Britannia last spring I received a press pack about the ship. In the Entertainment section there was a page for On Deck Shows - "Brand new for P&O is a spectacular new deck show, an explosion of light, colour and sound...". Then it went on to say (and this is the bit that fascinated me) "Dancers will appear a spontaneous intervals during the evening with set-pieces that will surround the audience gathered on deck, to provide an altogether interactive entertainment experience".

However, I haven't really heard any mention of these from Britannia passengers. Does anyone who's been on Britannia remember anything like this? If so, how was it?

There weren't any deck shows like this on our cruise in January. The only deck shows were the tropical night and the sailaway parties but there weren't any light shows like this

When we were on Britannia 29 days B2B TA -Caribbean Oct/Nov 2015 there was a spectacular new deck shown on the second leg of the cruise on one particular evening. Dancers spontaneously did appear during the set - pieces interacting with passengers however as it was to windy for us to stay for very long I can't really comment any further but members of our family participated but alas they did not make any comment about it the following day. But yes they certainly did advertise it in the Horizon daily paper. May I also say that the afternoon before the light show began the upper deck pool area was closed to passengers because the crew had to set up all the lights etc

I thought these were ladies getting changed before getting in the pool and averted my gaze accordingly. I should have paid more attention if I had known what was really happening.

Regards John

The show premiered on B510, it involves the house band playing on deck between the double pools. The pre show was voiced by Neil Oliver, cruise director, and consisted of some of the theatre team wandering around in costume (representing the seasons?) and various other characters. Some of the characters were inside inflatable orbs. From memory, Once the band started, the dancers retreated to podiums where their clothing and Britannia's speakers lit up.

We were told they need two consecutive dry calm-wind days in order to rig and de rig the pool area hence why it was B510 before the first show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk