Help me decide 10n vs 11n Reflection

gordylad

Looking at two cruises both on Reflection. 11 night has an overnight in Greece with stops in Crete and Bodrum [both new to us] the 10 night does not have an overnight and has two stops we haven't visited before Messina and Rhodes.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Looking at two cruises both on Reflection. 11 night has an overnight in Greece with stops in Crete and Bodrum [both new to us] the 10 night does not have an overnight and has two stops we haven't visited before Messina and Rhodes.

Personally would always choose a new port with an overnight if interested in that stop. If cost is similar would do Crete.

Any help appreciated.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Either itinerary is good.

The 11 night sounds like the one we are booked on for this coming Oct. Istanbul was originally on this itinerary, but was replaced with the overnight in Athens. Bodrum is new to us also. OTOH we really did enjoy our stop in Rhodes on a previous cruise.

Decisions, decisions... 1st world problems... :D

Personally I'd prefer the 10-night itinerary, as it has more attractive places to visit:Mykonos, Santorin and Messina in Sicily are really beautiful places. You also will get one day ( instead of the overnight) in Athens which in my opinion is quite sufficient because there's always the chance of unrest and strikes in Athens at the moment. Kusadasi in Turkey will give you the chance to visit Ephesus and Naples has great museums and of course there's the easy access to either Pompeji or Capri. I haven't been to Rhodes myself which is another port you#d be seeing but it's also on our bucket list!

we are booked on the 11 night in August, and are looking forward to the over night in Athens as it gives us chance to do a tour to the Peloponnese, the first day and then wander around Athens on the second day, been to Athens many times but not had the chance to travel further as they were always day visits.

BTW, There is a bus stop opposite the ship that takes you into Athens ( if Reflection uses the same dock as equinox last year). The all day ticket only costs 4 euros and includes the Athens metro.

No need for expensive ships trips into Athens