How do I sign up for Internet (Social Plan)

BeadedGoblets

Yes. You will have to login in on the device you want to use and enter your folio information to pay for it before using.

I think the reviews have been really good for the new service.

I'm just curious how you keep your phone from racking up charges? Do you use airplane mode?

do i need to download an app to my IPad before embarking to take advantage of this $25 offer. I'm hoping I can private message family members on FB with this!

Yes! Download the app prior to sailing. We used the Social Media plan for $25 on our last two cruises and it was great!. We posted pictures on FB and used Messenger to stay in contract with the family at home. It was so worth it for us.

do i need to download an app to my IPad before embarking to take advantage of this $25 offer. I'm hoping I can private message family members on FB with this!

If you mean the FB app, yes. If you mean the Hub app, no. The social media plan works without the Hub app.

Yes, it doesn't hurt to download the app prior to your cruise. We used the Social Media pass for $25 on our last two cruises and LOVED IT! We were able to post photo's on FB and use the messenger to keep in contact with our family at home.

Edited by Rayefan

I already have the FB app loaded onto the iPad and I'll go ahead and load the Carnival app (just in case) and I'll hope they leave me good instructions in the cabin. Thanks!

If you EVER have a question just go to guest services and really the crew uses the same apps and are wiling to help. I personally needed to go and asked a question as I lost the service and my problem was quickly solved.

Will the social plan allow iMessages (iPhones) to go through? I will have my phone on airplane mode and wifi on.

My daughter will be in Costa Rica and have wifi at her hotels ... and I'm hoping to be able to text her via iMessage.

Will the social plan allow iMessages (iPhones) to go through? I will have my phone on airplane mode and wifi on.

My daughter will be in Costa Rica and have wifi at her hotels ... and I'm hoping to be able to text her via iMessage.

On another board someone said yes but I'd love to hear from someone who cruised and knows firsthand.

I THINK that ALL PARTIES have to have and pay for the service. So 2 phones would cost $50 if you are talking about communicating with others on the ship. But I'm not sure how it works after that. I had the $25 plan last year and only used my tablet. I could read e-mails and send them and could sign on to facebook. Thats all I tried. It was enough for me.

We have used the $25 social on the last 3 cruises and it is really easy. All you need is the social media app on your device before boarding. On board turn to airplane mode and wifi on. It will connect to the ships wifi and walk you thru the set up. And yes you need it on each device to communicate with someone else on the ship. We used it to keep up with kids and family using Facebook, and messenger. Does not let you use email on this plan. Worked very well for us.

On another board someone said yes but I'd love to hear from someone who cruised and knows firsthand.

goldesq, iMessage worked for me when I bought the $25 plan on Pride last year. They actually don't advertise and/or guarantee that iMessage works with that plan, but it did. It worked out great.

goldesq, iMessage worked for me when I bought the $25 plan on Pride last year. They actually don't advertise and/or guarantee that iMessage works with that plan, but it did. It worked out great.

Thank you so much!! Fingers crossed :)

I had the value plan on our Breeze cruise this past January. It was an 8 day cruise and about 2/3 the way through the cruise iMessage stopped working.

When I asked someone at the desk about it they said it's a known issue and it has something to do with the authentication with Apple. Basically your phone can loose it's connection with Apple and may not get it back therefore not being able to send them anymore. It happened to me and I tried everything. I signed out of my

Apple account, reset my phone, turned it off, nothing helped. Honestly I just couldn't get my connection back. But the internet still worked.

Just so you know, iMessage worked most of the time but this can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app