Magen's Bay - St Thomas

premier cruiser

Have been there once before, but with Royal Caribbean tour. Would like to do it again on our own. Are there taxi's or shuttles that leave from the cruise port and if so how much do they cost. Also, are there taxi's waiting at Magen's bay to bring you back?

Yes and yes. You should have no trouble finding a taxi at the port (either Havensight or Crown Bay) and no problem in turn picking a taxi up at Magen's Bay - we saw several in the parking lot last time that stick around waiting for fares back to the ship. You could also ask your taxi dropping you off to pick you back up at a certain time or arrange with one of the local tour operators to take you there and back.

You will have no issues. It's one of the most popular places to go from the pier. It's $8 per person each way. There will be a big line of safari type vans at the pier. Just tell one of the attendants where you're heading and they will get you on the correct taxi. Pick one that is nearly full if you can, otherwise they wait until it fills to leave. There will be tons of drivers that stay in the parking lot at Magen's. I wouldn't pay the driver in advance for the return trip. Just hop on one when you're ready to head back.

You will have no issues. It's one of the most popular places to go from the pier. It's $8 per person each way. There will be a big line of safari type vans at the pier. Just tell one of the attendants where you're heading and they will get you on the correct taxi. Pick one that is nearly full if you can, otherwise they wait until it fills to leave. There will be tons of drivers that stay in the parking lot at Magen's. I wouldn't pay the driver in advance for the return trip. Just hop on one when you're ready to head back.

I agree with all the post above. We've taken a cab to Meagan's Bay a couple of times. I do want to let you know that there is an additional fee ($4 per adult) to enter Meagan's Bay. The taxi driver will collect that upon arrival to pay the booth attendant.

There are taxi's for the return ride home, but we just told our driver to come back at a certain time to get us.

Do allow plenty of time to return to port. Meagan's Bay is over the mountain on the other side of St. Thomas.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with all the post above. We've taken a cab to Meagan's Bay a couple of times. I do want to let you know that there is an additional fee ($4 per adult) to enter Meagan's Bay. The taxi driver will collect that upon arrival to pay the booth attendant.

There are taxi's for the return ride home, but we just told our driver to come back at a certain time to get us.

Do allow plenty of time to return to port. Meagan's Bay is over the mountain on the other side of St. Thomas.

When you say allow plenty of time to return to port how long do you mean? How long time wise is the drive from port to Magen's Bay?

Edited by PinkLindsayGA

It's about a 20-30 minute drive to and from Havensight. Our driver recommended that, since it was a weekday, to plan on leaving around 2p. Otherwise, he said we'd get stuck in after school traffic which could take a lot longer getting back.

The fare was $8 pp one was but we were charged $5 to enter, not $4. Nice beach and a beautiful setting but VERY crowded especially at the area where the taxi drops you off, near the beach bar. The far end was virtually deserted. We didn't eat there but a Carib beer was $5 and a Diet Coke was $3.

If you feel adventurous, you can rent a jeep for around $70.

And is easy to do.

This saves money if you have 4 or more people.

Plus it is nice to drive on the opposite side of the road...

Who would you recommend renting a jeep through? Thanks..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...