Adult pools... Carnival are you listening again?

cruzn buckeye

Agree. I like the idea of an adult only aft pool.

Its a really great experience to be on a ship with the adult only aft pools... love the Carnival ships that have them... but there are some ships I would like to sail on that don't have them.

I went on the Victory .... love the ship, the crew... basically it was a blast.. except when i wanted to enjoy the pool... there is no adult only aft pool on this one...

Its a really great experience to be on a ship with the adult only aft pools... love the Carnival ships that have them... but there are some ships I would like to sail on that don't have them.

I went on the Victory .... love the ship, the crew... basically it was a blast.. except when i wanted to enjoy the pool... there is no adult only aft pool on this one...

And the ship's plans clearly indicate this....so if an aft adult only pool is what you want why book the Victory?

Some parents don't want their kids at the main pool. I heard lots of people complaining on our last cruise on the breeze because young girls in thongs were "twerking" by the pool. Our hairy chest contest got raunchy too.

My kids never really go in the pool so it doesn't affect me. But the main pool is not always kid friendly.

So Carnival is family friendly....except when it isn't family friendly?

Edited by kbanowsky

That would be great, but I do not believe it is currently feasible on some ships without relocating items. For example, the Pizza Pirate on the Valor is located on Lido Deck aft, right next to the aft pool.

The Pizza Pirate on the Liberty is also next to the aft pool. The aft pool on the Liberty is adult only and is enforced. So it is feasible... kids are still welcome to come to eat pizza... they just cant use the aft pool... but they do have a large water works area...

Carnival tries to balance family-friendly amenities with adult fun, to maximize their appeal to the widest audience of budget travelers.

I usually, but not always, cruise with my children. We do NOT want the aft pools to be adult only. On the Victory, we spent most of our time at the aft pool area, especially when the weather got bad and aft was enclosed. We spend very little time at the main lido pools. The various "entertainment" events there are often not family-friendly at all, and my sensory sensitive kids don't like all that constant noise.

I'm perfectly fine with the way things are now. A few mid-size ships have adults only aft pools and the Sunshine has a Serenity pool. Everyone can choose the ships that have the amenities they want.

The Pizza Pirate on the Liberty is also next to the aft pool. The aft pool on the Liberty is adult only and is enforced. So it is feasible... kids are still welcome to come to eat pizza... they just cant use the aft pool... but they do have a large water works area...

True, but my thought process was more making it a Serenity area, like on other ships, where the whole aft is adult-only, not just the pool and hot tubs.

So, I like many others, would like to see the aft pools on the ships to be adult only.

Me as well. Except... Carnival has let the lido deck pool become a floating frat party with loud music, beer buckets in the pool, drinks in the pool, hip-hop music blaring at over 100 db and people grinding on the shower poles.

We've been on 11 cruises in the past 20 months (26 overall) and are on the Magic as I type this. Both sea days so far when the DJ is on all the above have happened.

My daughter is 26, but if she was a teen or pre-teen that pool would be no place for her or any other child. On the Triumph last summer I showed the cruise director the photos at the past guest party and he laughed at me and said Carnivals got the fun...

Until then the only pool that allows a family to carry on a conversation and is not a swim up bar is the aft pool.

They have work to do...

Edited by BallFour4

Carnival tries to balance family-friendly amenities with adult fun, to maximize their appeal to the widest audience of budget travelers.

I usually, but not always, cruise with my children. We do NOT want the aft pools to be adult only. On the Victory, we spent most of our time at the aft pool area, especially when the weather got bad and aft was enclosed. We spend very little time at the main lido pools. The various "entertainment" events there are often not family-friendly at all, and my sensory sensitive kids don't like all that constant noise.

Same on the Glory, Triumph, Magic, Freedom and Imagination.

Edited by BallFour4

I have been cruising with Carnival since 1991... Not interested in the cruiselines you mention. I will be on my 28 cruise in April... guess what... all Carnival.

I respect your loyalty to Carnival, but I'm curious why you're resistant to trying other cruise lines, specially if Carnival is not delivering the more adult experience that you're seeking. I understand that there are many stereotypes and generalizations associated with each cruise line that may be keeping you away from them, but until you actually experience what they have to offer, you won't know if they are truly for you or not.

For me, choosing to try other cruise lines after reaching Platinum status with Carnival (and having sailed on them exclusively for years) was like taking a bite off the forbidden fruit. All of a sudden my eyes opened and I realized that there was so much out there that I couldn't see before. And while I haven't found the "perfect" cruise line yet, I've realized that Carnival wasn't the perfect fit for me, even though at one point in time I thought they were and I vowed to sail on them exclusively. Still love Carnival, just don't sail on them exclusively.

To get back on topic, it's been my experience that pretty much all other cruise lines I've tried do "adults only" considerably better than Carnival. And while the ambiance may be a bit more subdued on them (and by subdued I don't mean boring, but less frat like), you can still find great music, drinks, fun, and laid back atmosphere similar to what Carnival delivers (but without the Farcus decor [emoji85]).

Edited by Tapi

I like the idea of adult only pools. But not when it makes my kids only option the main pool. That just doesn't work for my family. So we choose ships according to our needs.

Not every ship is going to have everything you want. We loved the dream but missed some of the newer food options.

Our disney cruise had two family pools and a pool on the adult only deck. That was nice. But I also realize that it's not the norm.

So, I like many others, would like to see the aft pools on the ships to be adult only. i was told that it is a family cruise, so many ships that are not aft adult only won't be.

My thing about this is... The MID pool is family friendly, the water works are a great thing for families with children...

The majority of the year, are adults cruising without kids...Sep. through May.

But... even though we have the serenity areas, only a few ships, Sunshine and Spirit class, have pools in them.

Most Serenity areas only have hot tubs... Adults need an area where they can enjoy the cooling off at the pool without it being full of kiddos. I know some people don't agree... ususally those whose children are still young.

I have 5 grandchildren. two are grown... three are babies.. i love kids... don't get me wrong:rolleyes:

It just that WE ADULTS NEED AN ADULT ONLY POOL AREA:)

CARNIVAL... ARE YOU LISTENING?????? PRETTY PLEASE????:p

Even if you got what you are asking for, how is it going to be enforced? Carnival doesn't enforce the chair hog policy, they don't enforce children getting into the adults only hot tubs, they don't really enforce the no smoking on balconies policy. They make rules that they do not enforce. So don't hold your breath about getting an adults only swimming pool.

P.S. We choose our cruises when the little snowflakes are in school.

Edited by elliair

Even if you got what you are asking for, how is it going to be enforced? Carnival doesn't enforce the chair hog policy, they don't enforce children getting into the adults only hot tubs, they don't really enforce the no smoking on balconies policy. They make rules that they do not enforce. So don't hold your breath about getting an adults only swimming pool.

We were on the Conquest in August 2015, we saw security tell a few families (at different times) that the Aft pool was adults only.

We were on the Conquest in August 2015, we saw security tell a few families (at different times) that the Aft pool was adults only.

That's good to know. Whenever children get into an adult only hot tub I tell them that it's adults only. A couple of times I felt the kids were well behaved and it was just me and DH sitting in it. I broke the rules by allowing them to sit in the adult hot tub as long as they behaved - and they did.

That's good to know. Whenever children get into an adult only hot tub I tell them that it's adults only. A couple of times I felt the kids were well behaved and it was just me and DH sitting in it. I broke the rules by allowing them to sit in the adult hot tub as long as they behaved - and they did.

I agree, I don't mind if they are behaving. To be honest, we go to the serenity. The only reason we were at the Aft pool is because the Conquest doesn't have the serenity area!

I like the idea of adult only pools. But not when it makes my kids only option the main pool. That just doesn't work for my family. So we choose ships according to our needs.

Not every ship is going to have everything you want. We loved the dream but missed some of the newer food options.

Our disney cruise had two family pools and a pool on the adult only deck. That was nice. But I also realize that it's not the norm.

The main pool isn't the only option for the kids... on most ships there are huge water works areas for them.. so adults should have a place to cool off also...

I would love for all aft pools to be adult only! Serenity's hot tubs aren't enough. I'll be sailing the Sunshine in April and that adult pool is calling my name.

I'm not a Buckeye- but I do live in Ohio [emoji6]

But you're right down the street...:D so you live in ohio, which is the Buckeye state, so you are a Buckeye:D

The adult aft pool on the Liberty was my favorite...

Actually, on the Liberty, they did a great job of enforcing the adult only hot tubs and pool on the aft, even though the pizza was back there. It was really nice. the last time i was on the Victory, the only adults that could enjoy either pool were the adults that were in the pool with their little ones... they were packed full of kids... so I would absolutely love to see the rest of this ships change the aft to adult only like the Liberty.. and i mostly cruise during school time...

I respect your loyalty to Carnival, but I'm curious why you're resistant to trying other cruise lines, specially if Carnival is not delivering the more adult experience that you're seeking. I understand that there are many stereotypes and generalizations associated with each cruise line that may be keeping you away from them, but until you actually experience what they have to offer, you won't know if they are truly for you or not.

For me, choosing to try other cruise lines after reaching Platinum status with Carnival (and having sailed on them exclusively for years) was like taking a bite off the forbidden fruit. All of a sudden my eyes opened and I realized that there was so much out there that I couldn't see before. And while I haven't found the "perfect" cruise line yet, I've realized that Carnival wasn't the perfect fit for me, even though at one point in time I thought they were and I vowed to sail on them exclusively. Still love Carnival, just don't sail on them exclusively.

To get back on topic, it's been my experience that pretty much all other cruise lines I've tried do "adults only" considerably better than Carnival. And while the ambiance may be a bit more subdued on them (and by subdued I don't mean boring, but less frat like), you can still find great music, drinks, fun, and laid back atmosphere similar to what Carnival delivers (but without the Farcus decor [emoji85]).

Actually, I am not resistant to trying other lines... I just have no desire.. it also has nothing to do with loyalty. I just always have a great time on their ships... and as far as their not delivering a more adult experience that i am looking for... well, i'm not looking for that. This is only about the aft pool and being able to have a place for adults to enjoy a pool to cool off in.

Personally, one of the main reasons I love cruising with Carnival, is because people of all ages are onboard... from one to one hundred... and they usually always are having a good time... this is only about the pool aft...

My "bottom line" is i choose to cruise Carnival because I like their ships, the crew, and the party. Its just more fun. Having one area adults only is not too much to ask. Period. Kids are not the only ones on the cruise... as far as choosing other lines... I have spent years on Carnival. The fact is, there are some of their ships, including the Liberty, Pride, Spirit, and possible Valor? that do have adult pools on the aft. Why is it that the kiddos can splash around in every pool, taking away from adults enjoying the area also? They have plenty of space. So, that being said, my point is made. We adults would like an area where we can cool off in the pool... On Carnival... thank you:)

I agree - we don't have kids, and Carnival for the most part, is relaxing and fun. Some of the other lines people have been mentioning are more uptight and snooty.

I don't mind kids if they are well-behaved - even if they are acting like kids. I do mind parents who seem to think the ship is a giant play school where they can forget they are parents and let their little darlings run amok. These people are decidedly in the minority in my experience but do tend to make it bad for others.

I like having an adult only area, and apparently they are considering expanding their offerings, because John Heald was asking just that question on his Facebook page, and it seemed that the majority of those who responded DID want more options for adults only.

The Spirit Class ships - which I love - all have adults only Serenity areas with a pool. The Splendor has a Serenity area AND an adults only pool at the back - 2 separate areas. Too bad they are sending the Miracle (Spirit class) & the Splendor (which I also love) to China :mad:

At least I have the Pride out of Baltimore and I'm quite happy with that ship.

The main pool isn't the only option for the kids... on most ships there are huge water works areas for them.. so adults should have a place to cool off also...

Not all kids like water slides. My daughter doesn't.

But i am not disagreeing about the adult only pool. I think it would be great to have one. Especially when I put the kids in kids club.

I just don't want it to the be the aft pool. I would love one in the serenity area.

Wishful thinking... :)

Edited by brookeq