Allure Dining Package

Hi everyone,

we're cruising on the Allure in April and I bought the 5 night dining package. I couldn't see an option to book restaurants online so I phoned RCI today, only to be told that I have to wait until I board the ship :( I want to be more organised and enjoy planning. We sailed NCL last year and I knew where we were dining every night. Surely all the 7/7.30 reservations will be full by the time we board? I'm worried that it won't fit in with the shows I've booked. Should I cancel dining package and just reserve online and pay the extra? 7.30 reservations probably still won't be available! I also asked if I could upgrade my drinks package while on the phone. Guess what? You do that onboard too. The first hours on ship will be spent trying to sort all this out. Please reassure me that it'll be OK?! I guess we should've stuck with NCL but I wanted to try something new. I left RCI feedback on their telephone survey. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Donna

I do know that a certain percentage of dining slots are reserved for onboard booking. However, if you don't want to spend time onboard booking restaurants, and you want all your times set, it's best to forget the dining package and book each restaurant online.

Get there early and choosing times will not be a problem. I always get to the ship early and go straight to whatever I need to book or arrange and I have never had an issue. They save a certs in amount of times for guest to book on board for those guest they may not have a cess to booking before hand. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for speedy responses. Glad to hear that they keep some reservation slots, otherwise, whole dining package is a waste of time. NCL's system is far superior IMO. How do I book restaurants once on board? Do I have to physically go to each restaurant?

Many thanks,

Donna

Thanks for speedy responses. Glad to hear that they keep some reservation slots, otherwise, whole dining package is a waste of time. NCL's system is far superior IMO. How do I book restaurants once on board? Do I have to physically go to each restaurant?

Many thanks,

Donna

You can either go to the restaurants or call them. The phone numbers will be listed in your Cruise Compass, which will be in your stateroom when you arrive and you can also get an extra copy near Guest Services.

I just booked the 5 night package for our June cruise on Allure.

To me the savings are worth the 30 minutes of scheduling once I get on the ship.

Also, the savings are worth needing to be flexible with which restaurant we eat at each day.

With Chops, Giavonni's, 150 Central Park, Sabor, Izumi, and Samba Grill to choose from I'm sure I'll be able to make something work.

We plan on being at the port around 10:30. We'll try to be some of the first people on the ship. I'll make our dinner reservation as soon as we can.

We'll also be getting our drink package on board with on board credit. I've done this on my last two cruises. It takes about 5 minutes.

Avoid the lines for the drink package when you first get on the ship. Most bars around the ship sell the drink packages and have the stickers for your card. Last cruise we got our drink package at the Windjammer with no lines.

James