Carnival Magic/FTTF ??

Krydstosser

I was wondering the same thing. We are cruising in August and it says the boarding time is 4 pm. But that makes me think the ship would not pull out till at least 6 to get everyone on board. Does that seem right? OR would that mean departure is at 4? If so I wonder how early normal lines can start boarding vs FTTF? They are not scheduling a staggered boarding for my cruise. So sadly I really have no clue when I can get on the boat with a FTTF either. This is our first cruise ever. Wish I had more info. I'm sure as it gets closer and the Magic comes out of dry dock, more will be finalized. Guess I just need to hurry up and wait.:)

I can share from our experience when we boarded Carnival Liberty with FTTF in Port Canaveral. It should be similar for Magic...

We got off the shuttle at 10:50 a.m., and we went straight to check in. We were on our balcony by 11:10 a.m.

Port Canaveral is our favorite departure and arrival port - always fast and efficient. My parents travel with international passports too, and Port Canaveral is always the easiest for them. At other ports, they have to follow a different line. At Port Canaveral, they go through the same line as us. :)

I was wondering the same thing. We are cruising in August and it says the boarding time is 4 pm. But that makes me think the ship would not pull out till at least 6 to get everyone on board. Does that seem right? OR would that mean departure is at 4? If so I wonder how early normal lines can start boarding vs FTTF? They are not scheduling a staggered boarding for my cruise. So sadly I really have no clue when I can get on the boat with a FTTF either. This is our first cruise ever. Wish I had more info. I'm sure as it gets closer and the Magic comes out of dry dock, more will be finalized. Guess I just need to hurry up and wait.:)

4 p.m. is departure time... don't miss the ship! :eek:

I think you have to check in at least 90 minutes to 2 hours before the ship leaves in order to be allowed onboard. :) I will check the exact rule from my docs in a minute.

We use FTTF frequently and as recently as last month in Port Canaveral on the Valor. We arrived at about 10:50 and boarded about 11:15 (maybe 11:20) and we were inside our cabin by 11:30. Eating lunch by 11:45 and our luggage was delivered for unpacking by the time we went back to cabin at 12:30.

PC is one of the easiest ports to embark at especially since we park at the port (we get the 40% off voucher from our hotel) so no waiting for shuttles or taxis.

Have a blast!

We use FTTF frequently and as recently as last month in Port Canaveral on the Valor. We arrived at about 10:50 and boarded about 11:15 (maybe 11:20) and we were inside our cabin by 11:30. Eating lunch by 11:45 and our luggage was delivered for unpacking by the time we went back to cabin at 12:30.

PC is one of the easiest ports to embark at especially since we park at the port (we get the 40% off voucher from our hotel) so no waiting for shuttles or taxis.

Have a blast!

Drazil65, what 40% voucher, which hotel? Sounds like a deal.

4 p.m. is departure time... don't miss the ship! :eek:

I think you have to check in at least 90 minutes to 2 hours before the ship leaves in order to be allowed onboard. :) I will check the exact rule from my docs in a minute.

Thank you!

Drazil65, what 40% voucher, which hotel? Sounds like a deal.

Here are the hotels that offer the voucher:

http://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/Parking-Voucher-Program_3.pdf

We prefer the Radisson's Park & Cruise package, as it usually works out cheaper. We also prefer the shuttle, while I know many people like to park at the port. It depends on your preference.

Here are the hotels that offer the voucher:

http://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/Parking-Voucher-Program_3.pdf

We prefer the Radisson's Park & Cruise package, as it usually works out cheaper. We also prefer the shuttle, while I know many people like to park at the port. It depends on your preference.

Do you know if a lot of these hotels have shuttles to the ship??

Do you know if a lot of these hotels have shuttles to the ship??

Unfortunately, I do not know. I only know about the Radisson Resort at the Port and the Country Inns and Suites (right next to it) that offer a park & cruise rate.

The Hampton Inn also had a Park and cruise rate a few years ago, but I do not know if they still offer it, since they do the vouchers now.