Transatlantic on Vision Class or Radiance Class?Advice needed.

]Frankly' date=' given what I'm paying for the 2016 April TA, I think the prices for 2017 are really high[/color']. Since you're not from the U.S., I'm not sure if you're stuck with the price you pay now or if you can get an adjustment if there's a price drop. I originally booked the May 2016 Navigator cruise in March and ended up switching to the April Brilliance cruise in September. By that time the price was down to $999/pp for a balcony on the Brilliance. Since final payment, prices on balcony guarantees have bounced around a bit, but still about what I paid (or a bit less). I understand there's a fairly high number of balconies that are still unsold.

Maybe you're best bet is to book the cheapest cabin and then buy up to a balcony later in the game (but again, I don't know if you face any penalties in a non-U.S. booking).

You are SO right about that. We sailed Brilliance TA this past April and the price for our balcony on that cruise was half of what we paid for our large interior on this one. :eek:

Granted, we didn't use the balcony a lot but just shows you the price difference. I am checking each day for price drops and was hoping the balcony prices would come down but it doesn't look like that's going to happen..balconies and suites are showing as "sold out". :confused:

Frankly, given what I'm paying for the 2016 April TA, I think the prices for 2017 are really high. Since you're not from the U.S., I'm not sure if you're stuck with the price you pay now or if you can get an adjustment if there's a price drop. I originally booked the May 2016 Navigator cruise in March and ended up switching to the April Brilliance cruise in September. By that time the price was down to $999/pp for a balcony on the Brilliance. Since final payment, prices on balcony guarantees have bounced around a bit, but still about what I paid (or a bit less). I understand there's a fairly high number of balconies that are still unsold.

Maybe you're best bet is to book the cheapest cabin and then buy up to a balcony later in the game (but again, I don't know if you face any penalties in a non-U.S. booking).

I actually ended up booking the Rhapsody TA end of April 2017. And yes, it is pretty expensive, nearly 2000€ for an outside as a solo traveller. I have booked on Royal directly and I think I can take advantage of price drops. Number listed I have to call is a US number. It's fairly new that we can book onRoyal from Belgium directly. We can also cancel before the 60 days mark without penalty. Used to book through a Geman TA because they were cheaper. More expensive now and no price drops. Thanks for the heads up :)

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

We just booked this Rhapsody TA for April, 2017 this past week when we were on Oasis. Believe it or not, it shows all balconies and suites are sold out so we ended up booking a large interior.

This past April we sailed Brilliance of the Seas eastbound transatlantic and found we didn't use our balcony much so we're hoping we'll be ok.

From what we were told when we booked this onboard, there isn't a lot of difference between the Radiance class and Vision class except that Rhapsody may be a tiny bit smaller than Brilliance. We love the Radiance class ships so we're pretty sure we'll be fine on this ship.

Hope you book and join us. :)

I'll be joining you. :) And I sailed on both Vision and Radiance. Radiance has more glass and the helipad, but I loved the Vision too.

And now the entire cruise is sold out, which is strange :-/

Cindy

I'll be joining you. :) And I sailed on both Vision and Radiance. Radiance has more glass and the helipad, but I loved the Vision too.

And now the entire cruise is sold out, which is strange :-/

Cindy

Well glad you booked it but wish we knew what was happening with it :confused: Yes, the cruise is now showing "sold out" but yesterday there were lots of inside and outside cabins left..no balconies or suites. I'm thinking they are going to cancel it or change it somehow?? I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait and see what happens. Sure hope it's still a go. :)

Well glad you booked it but wish we knew what was happening with it :confused: Yes, the cruise is now showing "sold out" but yesterday there were lots of inside and outside cabins left..no balconies or suites. I'm thinking they are going to cancel it or change it somehow?? I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait and see what happens. Sure hope it's still a go. :)

On Royal's website they're showing Rhapsody going into dry dock in December 2016 but all her sailings are still intact. I wonder if the dry dock is really April 2017

On Royal's website they're showing Rhapsody going into dry dock in December 2016 but all her sailings are still intact. I wonder if the dry dock is really April 2017

Maybe you're onto something. Maybe she will do her TA later, after drydock. It wouldbe nice to sail right after it

I just asked myself the very same question yesterday. If i will not be bored on a Vision Class ship for a TA. Since I live in the Caribbean, the Solarium won't do it for me. So Radiance Class which I have already done a TA with or one of the bigger class of ships will work.