Martini Bar Drink, Decadence Martini?

Sandy1975

I want make this martini at home but I'm not sure I am remembering the ingredients correctly. I think it had a coffee vodka (3 olives maybe), bailey's and floating coffee beans (that is all I remember ). What am I missing?

Thanks!

I want make this martini at home but I'm not sure I am remembering the ingredients correctly. I think it had a coffee vodka (3 olives maybe), bailey's and floating coffee beans (that is all I remember ). What am I missing?

Thanks!

We make these at home all the time. You need 2 parts espresso vodka, 1 part Irish cream and 1 part coffee liqueur. Put in shaker with ice shake and pour, top with coffee beans. Enjoy.

Edited by newly retired

Funny, but I just Googled the definition of a "Martini" and this is what I got:

a cocktail made from gin (or vodka) and dry vermouth, typically garnished with an olive or a twist of lemon.

While we do understand that it is now considered "cool" and "fashionable" to call anything served in a Martini glass a Martini...it just ain't so. That being said, we also enjoy some of those strange concoctions. But we do not understand bastardizing the "Martini" term for marketing purposes. If I decide to pour 5 ounces of good scotch into a Martini Glass....does that now become a Scotch Martini? In my world it is simply straight scotch.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

a cocktail made from gin (or vodka) and dry vermouth, typically garnished with an olive or a twist of lemon.

While we do understand that it is now considered "cool" and "fashionable" to call anything served in a Martini glass a Martini...it just ain't so. That being said, we also enjoy some of those strange concoctions. But we do not understand bastardizing the "Martini" term for marketing purposes. If I decide to pour 5 ounces of good scotch into a Martini Glass....does that now become a Scotch Martini? In my world it is simply straight scotch.

Hank

Agreed! A Martini glass does not make a Martini.

:rolleyes:

I am glad I got confirmation from the experts that I have been "cool and fasionable" since age 21 because drinks like decadence, blue martini and cosmos are among the variety of cocktails I tend to get. And legal drinking age for me started 20 years ago...

Hank

Language never was and never will be stagnant.....always changing, evolving. It's a beautiful thing.