Britannia: Views re. Cookery Club/Limelight Club?

tom_uk

We're on Britannia in a few months and our thoughts are turning to booking things - excursions, meals and other things. High on the list of things we're wondering about are the Cookery Club and the Limelight Club.

I did a Britannia visit last April so I understand how these two venues/attractions work. What I'm wondering is what passengers who have used them, thought about them. I read a couple of very positive reviews of the Limelight Club from the maiden voyage but I wonder if that was a typical experience. I don't recall reading much about the Cookery Club.

So, Cookery Club & Limelight Club veterans - how were they for you?

We're on Britannia in a few months and our thoughts are turning to booking things - excursions, meals and other things. High on the list of things we're wondering about are the Cookery Club and the Limelight Club.

I did a Britannia visit last April so I understand how these two venues/attractions work. What I'm wondering is what passengers who have used them, thought about them. I read a couple of very positive reviews of the Limelight Club from the maiden voyage but I wonder if that was a typical experience. I don't recall reading much about the Cookery Club.

So, Cookery Club & Limelight Club veterans - how were they for you?

Did not go to limelight club as the acts were not to our taste however we spent a great afternoon in the cookery club. I am not a keen cook and primarily went as moral support to my DW who wanted to try it. I was surprised to find myself really enjoying it and even better the results were actually edible. Only downside was the additional exercise needed the following day to work off a 2500 calorie James Martin, Croissant and white chocolate bread and butter pudding . Tasted amazing though:D!

Would you book Cookery Club ASAP for a sea day on the fjords?

We're on a Fjords cruise, and we're having a heretical thought - we might do the cookery club on a port day (if it's available). There are only two sea days on the cruise so we expect the cookery club will be very busy on those days.

That said, we haven't decided yet.

It was a fun experience, my only tip would be think about your meal arrangements. We wanted to do Thai street food, but by the time we got around to booking it the only class was a late afternoon one.

I wasn't expecting to cook so much food, it was more than I eat at dinner. That wasn't a bad thing, the food was delicious, but we had a group reservation for dinner that night. I couldn't manage more than a starter.

We are just back from Britannia - Limelight experience was very good, the service and food was excellent. It felt like a private show - a good venue in our opinion. The club opens its doors to anyone after the acts have finished but by all accounts it was hard to get in.

Did not go to limelight club as the acts were not to our taste however we spent a great afternoon in the cookery club. I am not a keen cook and primarily went as moral support to my DW who wanted to try it. I was surprised to find myself really enjoying it and even better the results were actually edible. Only downside was the additional exercise needed the following day to work off a 2500 calorie James Martin, Croissant and white chocolate bread and butter pudding . Tasted amazing though:D!

Now that sounds to be worth the £100.

I once watched him make croissants on the TV and he used 1/2lb of butter!!

We did the Spanish tapas course in the Cookery Club last September on the afternoon of the day we were in La Coruna. I had specifically chosen that course as we are Spanish fans. However I would liked to have watched us sail out of the port, but the class meant we missed it. The amount of food was fine for us, being only tapas we still had room for our evening meal later. We will definitely do another class as we have two more cruises booked on Britannia this year and one is the TA so plenty of sea days to choose from! We didn't try Limelight, but will do at some point.

We loved doing the Dim Sum in the cookery club, well worth the money in our opinion.

The Limelight club food was possibly the best I have ever eaten even though the menu didn't allude to it. Combined with the Morecombe and Wise tribute act it was without a doubt the best entertainment with food I have experienced on a cruise. Some early reviews of Morecombe and Wise were a bit on the low side to say the least, maybe you have to be of a certain age to know what to shout out when Eric says "What do you think of it so far".

m&w.jpeg

Arsenal!

• 2 weeks later...
We are just back from Britannia - Limelight experience was very good, the service and food was excellent. It felt like a private show - a good venue in our opinion. The club opens its doors to anyone after the acts have finished but by all accounts it was hard to get in.

What acts did you see and what was the meal choice?

We did it last October and were not impressed - long waits for the food and, sorry, but Jacky Graham was not for us.

We chose it, but didn't like it.

We really enjoyed our Limelight Club experience with Jaki Graham & the food was also excellent in there!

Thanks for that. I was just about to start another thread on the subject "Has anyone seen Jaki Graham in the Limelight Club?" - and here's an answer already.

I do have a question, however. I can see on Cruise personalised that there are 4 Limelight Club menus, and I can also see on Cruise Personaliser how to book the Limelight Club 'by act', as it were. Is there a way of finding out which menu will apply to which day?

Thanks for that. I was just about to start another thread on the subject "Has anyone seen Jaki Graham in the Limelight Club?" - and here's an answer already.

I do have a question, however. I can see on Cruise personalised that there are 4 Limelight Club menus, and I can also see on Cruise Personaliser how to book the Limelight Club 'by act', as it were. Is there a way of finding out which menu will apply to which day?

You wont know until you get onboard which menu will be allocated to the night you book. We were worried about this when we pre booked to see Kiki Dee on the maiden voyage so we went to the restaurant at begining of cruise in case it was the menu we didnt like but we were lucky and had a fantastic night.

You wont know until you get onboard which menu will be allocated to the night you book. We were worried about this when we pre booked to see Kiki Dee on the maiden voyage so we went to the restaurant at begining of cruise in case it was the menu we didnt like but we were lucky and had a fantastic night.

Thanks for that, MajorTom. Having looked at the menus, however, I think we'll be happy with any of them. So we've booked.

Do u think u should book The Limelight before u board? We have OBC credit I'd like to use but know u can't use this till onboard.

Always a gamble you never know if the act that you want to see might get booked before you actually get onboard only you can decide whether to take that gamble.