Port Canaveral Rental Car Changes

alwalaska

How far away is the Alamo location now from Royal's terminal? Just wondering if my husband dropped me and the luggage off at the pier, is it a reasonable walking distance?

Are you leaving from Terminal One? If so, I can let you know after this weekend. We will be returning our car to the new Alamo Location (also Enterprise and National) and then going to Terminal One for the NCL Spirit. I know Royal leaves from 2 different terminals. We will probably have hubby drop me at the port with the luggage then walk, just like you were saying. It looks like about 1/2 a mile and we will be there a day before to check things out.

If I forget to post, email me at annjunk at sbcglobal dot net.

Not walkable. This new location for Enterprise/Alamo could be. There is a port shuttle that might be useful. Not sure when they operate though. But it wouldn't go to Alamo.

Apologies everyone. Alamo is walkable if you are so inclined. I was thinking of Avis. BTW, the port shuttle is a big golf cart

Are you leaving from Terminal One? If so, I can let you know after this weekend. We will be returning our car to the new Alamo Location (also Enterprise and National) and then going to Terminal One for the NCL Spirit. I know Royal leaves from 2 different terminals. We will probably have hubby drop me at the port with the luggage then walk, just like you were saying. It looks like about 1/2 a mile and we will be there a day before to check things out.

Freedom leaves from T1. Royal only uses T3 for visiting ships like Anthem and Grandeur if Freedom and Enchantment are in port

Thanks - we'll be on RCCL Freedom - I think that's terminal 1

Friends, this thread is getting confusing.

Please look back at my post from January 17 for photos, accurate maps and other information about the rental car changes!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301883

Nice post, I just never noticed it before.

I just bumped it back to the top

Edited by John&LaLa

Haven't been on Freedom yet, but we did do Liberty last year and loved it.

Carnival or RCCL? We sailed the Carnival Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. Enjoyed it very much.

All of the locations on Capt BJ's map have shuttles:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49098960&postcount=11

Thanks. This thread inspired me to revisit my rental choices and I ended up going back to Avis, which I've used before, so I knew they had a shuttle.

Carnival or RCCL? We sailed the Carnival Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. Enjoyed it very much.

Thanks. This thread inspired me to revisit my rental choices and I ended up going back to Avis, which I've used before, so I knew they had a shuttle.

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - out of Ft Lauderdale 1/26/15. Had a wonderful time.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody used the lock-box key return at the new Alamo location?

I hope someone has used this and can give some feedback. I'm kind of worried about dropping a rental off after hours and if something is wrong they can't contact me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We didn't use the lock box, but when my husband went to drop the car off, they were really busy and said, just leave the keys in the car and go. We didn't get a receipt or confirmation that they didn't have any questions, but the amount charged to our credit card was correct.

I typically don't like the drop boxes, but this location seems to be honest in not trying to add extra charges, etc. If you want to feel a little more safe, you can take pictures of the car, the fuel gauge, and the mileage in case they try to come back after you for something.

We had two "We hope you enjoyed your rental" emails when we got back from the cruise, but still no receipt.

We didn't use the lock box, but when my husband went to drop the car off, they were really busy and said, just leave the keys in the car and go. We didn't get a receipt or confirmation that they didn't have any questions, but the amount charged to our credit card was correct.

I typically don't like the drop boxes, but this location seems to be honest in not trying to add extra charges, etc. If you want to feel a little more safe, you can take pictures of the car, the fuel gauge, and the mileage in case they try to come back after you for something.

We had two "We hope you enjoyed your rental" emails when we got back from the cruise, but still no receipt.

Great idea about taking the photos. We are booked with Alamo and will be dropping off on March 13th. I would love to know how far of a walk (number of minutes) it would be to where I would drop our family at the pier and then go drop the van. I assume this would be the preferred method over dropping the van rental then taking all 7 of us on the shuttle to the pier. Thoughts?

Great idea about taking the photos. We are booked with Alamo and will be dropping off on March 13th. I would love to know how far of a walk (number of minutes) it would be to where I would drop our family at the pier and then go drop the van. I assume this would be the preferred method over dropping the van rental then taking all 7 of us on the shuttle to the pier. Thoughts?

It all depends on which terminal. It is about a 10 minute walk and less than a 2 minute drive unless there is traffic to terminal 1 where the NCL Spirit left from. It would be a kind of long walk over to Disney or Carnival, but it is still less than a 10 minute drive (maybe more like 5) and it is much easier to squeeze into a full shuttle when you are alone and without luggage than 7 people and luggage.

Let me know if we can help in any other way.

Edited by alwalaska

It all depends on which terminal. It is about a 10 minute walk and less than a 2 minute drive unless there is traffic to terminal 1 where the NCL Spirit left from. It would be a kind of long walk over to Disney or Carnival, but it is still less than a 10 minute drive (maybe more like 5) and it is much easier to squeeze into a full shuttle when you are alone and without luggage than 7 people and luggage.

Let me know if we can help in any other way.

Are there any shuttles at night that pick up from the rental agencies? Or best to call a cab? We leave the port at 9 pm on NCL.

Are there any shuttles at night that pick up from the rental agencies? Or best to call a cab? We leave the port at 9 pm on NCL.

Their normal hours are 7:30 am to 4 or 5 pm normally, but they may adjust if there is a ship on a strange schedule since that is their main business. Either a cab or cocoa beach shuttle could also work.

Again, with NCL it is a pretty easy walk if you are using the drop box, as long as you don't have all of your luggage and all.

Edited by alwalaska

• 1 month later...
It wasn't listed as a separate line item on ours, but one day - one way was more expensive than when I entered a reservation for pickup and return at the same place on either side of the equation.

Back in the day, I always had good luck with one ways. I've had some for under $30 with Budget

It wasn't listed as a separate line item on ours, but one day - one way was more expensive than when I entered a reservation for pickup and return at the same place on either side of the equation.

I tried the same thing and had the same results picking up and returning to airport was $30 cheaper than the one way to the Port. Seems like they raised the rates considerable in the last 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Every time I have priced them, there was a $50 one-way drop fee. At this rate, we may as well get a limo for 5 people.

What agency? We've never had a drop fee with Avis.

Made reservations with Dollar N Hertz n Dollar has drop off fee of 19.99 don't see one on Hertz but the price of the vehicle is about 20-30 dollars more. So everyone check it out do a mock reservation or make one and cancel later.