Carnival Legend - Alaska

ABQrobin

we are booked for June 14th... woohoo!

Just wondering about breakfast on port days. All 3 days it says 7am port, and most excursions start at 8am-9am. So do they open the Lido breakfast early those days? We want to hit the ground running each day and get in as much at each port as possible, so we want to eat a big breakfast. Is this ever an issue on port days? I don't want to be standing in line wiht hundreds of people trying to get food and worrying if we will make it to our excursion on time.

I recall there being early breakfast- more continental than full. (have taken Carnival in Alaska last 2 years, 4 cruises) This is room service.

Yes there can be a lot of people, up early. Another option I've used is their pizza. Yep, time doesn't matter to me. :) The Legend doesn't have the nice burrito bar breakfast set up, which is another option on other ships.

Not looking for room service... looking for hot food on Lido. As I said, my spouse and I normally eat a big hot breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc) so we have energy for our excursions. We do the gym before breakfast each day if we can. Plus, if our excursions offer food it is usally after noon... we'll be starving if we don't eat before, at least more than a yogurt and banana.

Last year the buffet was opening about 6 am with continental breakfast being set up around 5 if I recall. It was well done. In Skagway I was the first off the ship at like 715. I woke up at 6 go breakfast and showered and had plenty of time.

You're going to have a great trip! I plan on doing this trip at least 4 more times. Fortunately I'm only 28 so if I can stay healthy and nothing crazy happens I have time to do it.

I'd recommend doing this trip to anyone sooner than later because the scenery is constantly changing due to global warming. Something the guides/naturalists/rangers will point out when speaking with them. Have fun!

Last year the buffet was opening about 6 am with continental breakfast being set up around 5 if I recall. It was well done. In Skagway I was the first off the ship at like 715. I woke up at 6 go breakfast and showered and had plenty of time.

You're going to have a great trip! I plan on doing this trip at least 4 more times. Fortunately I'm only 28 so if I can stay healthy and nothing crazy happens I have time to do it.

I'd recommend doing this trip to anyone sooner than later because the scenery is constantly changing due to global warming. Something the guides/naturalists/rangers will point out when speaking with them. Have fun!

thanks, exactly what I was hoping!