Carnival now giving Anniversary and Birthday gifts

ready2cruzagain

We were recently on the Glory during our anniversary and for our anniversary we received a $50 Gift Card to the Spa, and we received a $25 Gift Card towards a bottle of wine.

Used the Spa Card for a manicure...paid a tip was all and used the $25 card for a $25 bottle of wine (there was no gratuity added).

The staff said it is something new they are doing.

I thought it was Awesome!!

We were recently on the Glory during our anniversary and for our anniversary we received a $50 Gift Card to the Spa, and we received a $25 Gift Card towards a bottle of wine.

Used the Spa Card for a manicure...paid a tip was all and used the $25 card for a $25 bottle of wine (there was no gratuity added).

That's awesome! I saw a picture of the card on another person's post and it said "happy birthday month." Given that, I wonder if DH will get one. His birthday is only 7 days before we sail, but in a different month ...

How did they know it was your anniversary? We are cruising during ours later this year. Wonder how they would know.

This is awesome, I am sailing on my 50th birthday in March on the Glory.

Cruised on my actual Bday 5 times recently and even put that it was my BDay in the online check in form. Sadly, never received a single thing as of last March.

Happy for those that do receive[emoji106]

Well that was 1-5 years ago! Let us know in a couple weeks if they do it for you now.

How did they know it was your anniversary? We are cruising during ours later this year. Wonder how they would know.

We wonder as well. I just filled out our online check-in yesterday and no where in the pages did it ask for special occasions. DH has a birthday in the month we sail so I would have noticed it if there was a question.:confused::confused:

We wonder as well. I just filled out our online check-in yesterday and no where in the pages did it ask for special occasions. DH has a birthday in the month we sail so I would have noticed it if there was a question.:confused::confused:

If you go to your booking and click on the "guests" tab in blue. Under the guests name if you will click on the modify button the choice is there to add it.

Edited by kbe2
wrong word used

If you go to your booking and click on the "guests" tab in blue. Under the guests name if you will click on the modify button the choice is there to add it.

Thanks for the info! We will be celebrating our anniversary while on the Conquest in June so, I added it under the "my booking" section...fingers crossed!

I also received the $50 Spa gift card but there was no indication that it was because of a birthday or anniversary...I figured it was just a way to get you to try out the spa so they can try and sell you more stuff...I didn't use it as I am not a spa person. I also wasn't celebrating anything on the cruise...so I doubt they specifically give them for those reasons.

We booked through a TA and we don't have a modify button under the "My Guests" tab. However, we did tell our TA that we were celebrating our anniversary and it is indicated as such for "Special Occasion" under that same tab.

However, we celebrated our anniversary on-board last year and didn't receive a thing. So, if new, it would be a nice thing to receive.

I also received the $50 Spa gift card but there was no indication that it was because of a birthday or anniversary...I figured it was just a way to get you to try out the spa so they can try and sell you more stuff...I didn't use it as I am not a spa person. I also wasn't celebrating anything on the cruise...so I doubt they specifically give them for those reasons.

hmmm...mine came with a card that said Happy Anniversary and here is a gift for you to celebrate.

Guess everyone will celebrate an anniversary every cruise. IMO seems silly.

That's what used to happen when they would bring a whole birthday or anniversary cake at no charge (and sing to you) at dinner in the dining room. Some tables had a birthday or anniversary every night.

When they started charging for a whole cake in the dining room, it was amazing how many fewer birthdays and anniversaries there were.