Coral Princess 10-Day Panama Canal Partial Transit. D631 - Fiji Suite

Eagle_and_hawk

Thank you so much for your review and wonderful pictures!!

DH and I are sailing on the Coral for the first time in November, and you have me more excited then ever to come aboard!

Thanks again for taking so much of your time to share so much information with all of us!

• 1 month later...

Hello - Thank you for the review. We found this topic & forum when using google, looking for this room number. We are considering this room for a trip next year.

Does the Coral Princess only have two main dining rooms as that is all we see?

This is 1st cruise and reading all we can.

TIA

Hello - Thank you for the review. We found this topic & forum when using google, looking for this room number. We are considering this room for a trip next year.

Does the Coral Princess only have two main dining rooms as that is all we see?

This is 1st cruise and reading all we can.

TIA

Yes, there are two MDR's. One is for traditional and the other is for anytime dining.

If you select the earliest traditional dining time, they sometimes put you in the anytime dining room at the same table & wait staff each night.

• 7 months later...
Thanks so much for your fantastic review! We've just booked the Coral for our fourth visit to Alaska this September. Super excited to return and even moreso now that I've seen your photos of the ship!

We hope you enjoy your trip as we are sailing Alaska the end of August on the Coral as our favorite ship :-) It will be our fourth trip too.

• 1 month later...
We sailed our second time on the Coral Princess and it has now become our favorite ship. Our first time was

for our 30th anniversary in 2014, and it was also the partial transit. We had a 7-day cruise booked for this month

for our anniversary on the Emerald, but after the five day cruise we took this past November, we decided it was

not the ship for us. The timing worked out well as when we booked it, there was still a couple of mini-suites left.

On Christmas Day, a full suite came back into inventory and I wanted to surprise my bride, so booked it online

and hoped I could get a hold of our travel agent the day after Christmas, and keep it a secret. She was working

& we got it all taken care of quickly. I really didn't want the 1/2 covered balcony on the Carib deck, however it

was still a suite and that was more important. I kept checking every day for 5 more weeks, in hopes another

one would be available on Dolphin, and a few days before we sailed, D631 was back in inventory. A quick

call to the travel agent and we were moved over in a few minutes.

As the time got closer, I kept trying to decide on transfers from the airport to the port. I finally decided to just

get a private car to transfer us and arranged that the day before we departed for Ft. Lauderdale. They said the only car they had available,

due to the convention in town was a stretch Limo, and

they would be sending that to pick us up at no extra charge. That was fine by me as a nice way to start the

trip, and still another surprise for my beloved Sweetheart. The driver met us at baggage claim, and took us

out to the limo, and she was surprised. It's not the first time we have been in a limo; she was just not

expecting it. I think by the time the back end of the limo left the airport parking garage, the front end was

entering Port Everglades, or so it seemed. It was a fun ride over and a nice upgrade.

The plan was to get her all the way to the room before she found out, and almost made it until we went to

the Elite/Suite waiting lounge and the jig was up. We are not Elite and finally had to tell them them why we

were in the line. The attendant kept asking everyone in line if we had a black card, and finally had to remind

him that it was also for suite passengers. She started asking and then she got her other surprise. So there

we were, setting off on a 10-day adventure in a full suite, and ready to get on board.

The suite was really nice and I will try and give a lot of details and pictures for those who may be interested.

We sailed in an AFT suite on the Emerald back in November, so was already familiar with the benefits, etc.

We were really looking forward to Sabatini's breakfast each morning too. I also have MDR menus & patters

that I will scan and upload as I can get the time. With a 10 day trip, that's 80-100 scans, plus I have the bar

menu's from Crooner's as talked the servers into getting a copy of those.

This is will be a picture intensive thread (at least that is the plan).

When you first open the door, you are walking into the living room area with the love seat & chair. One of the

two entrances to the bathroom is immediately on your right.

24952322192_889a5e8f4d_z.jpgZ1 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

This is the bedroom side of the suite with the dressing table and the other entrance to the bathroom. You have two

sliding doors onto the balcony.

24702804749_632f5dd3a1_z.jpgZ2 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

This works out well if traveling with kids or one person is up at different times of the day/night. The curtains that

divided the two sections are thick, and block out most of the light. There are two heating/AC units and each side of the room has it's own thermostat.

24702804729_e0507b212a_z.jpgZ3 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Here is the view from the balcony door, looking back at the entrance. You have a wet bar sink, one of two TV's,

and the refrigerator in the cabinet below the TV. Complete with Love Boat reruns :)

24443576793_a8a8dc9e56_z.jpgZ5 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

From the bedroom side, you have the entrance to the bathroom thru the door on the left, and the closet is behind

the other door.

24702804719_a203df6328_z.jpgZ4 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Thanks for your write up & photos.

Tom😀

• 7 years later...

This thread is several years old but if OP ever gets on here want to thank him so much for this!  Our upgrade came through and we are in this same suite this year for full PC transit.  This is an excellent review and photos!