Early saver general question...

Scorpio41

That I do appreciate and have no problem with at all as I already said. If it is just blocked for the sake of it though, that would seem to be unnecessary. You are probably right, so perhaps rather than a blunt 'No' a refusal could be prefaced by just saying 'we have a wait list for swaps' then folk would understand.

Maybe he had a lot of people in the q before you wanting to swap..and as much as we wish everyone said this or that..maybe if he knew he was not going to be able to oblige he had just got to the point where a No was easier and quicker.

I don't think the crew except for maybe reception ever say no on principle . It is always because they are not able to oblige.

We have always found them very accommodating..mind you I should say at this point that we always book select, and so far have always got what we wanted.

I guess I am just too fussy to leave it up to someone else to decide which cabin or dining I would have.

I have read ( so it must be true...!:D) on a couple of forums/facebook that if you don't like your dining option, you may be better off waiting until day 2 to try and get it changed, when the poor restaurant manager is under less pressure. On day 1 , just put up with it, and then go and see the manager next day. You will then be able to talk to him (or her..) quietly and he will have more time to look at his plans and may be more amenable to your requests.

And if you are on a 2 or 3 night cruise , well, does it really matter?

I have read ( so it must be true...!:D) on a couple of forums/facebook that if you don't like your dining option, you may be better off waiting until day 2 to try and get it changed, when the poor restaurant manager is under less pressure. On day 1 , just put up with it, and then go and see the manager next day. You will then be able to talk to him (or her..) quietly and he will have more time to look at his plans and may be more amenable to your requests.

And if you are on a 2 or 3 night cruise , well, does it really matter?

Oops! Next one is 5 weeks - perhaps that Early Saver wasn't such a good idea! :D I shouldn't joke! :eek:

(I did book with my eyes open though and will accept whatever gracefully and without complaint.)

I have had military obc on Princess I didn't know P&O did it as well. I will have to look into it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

We recently found out about the ex military onboard credit offer.

We have been given £75 each that's hubby and I, we must have his Red Book for when we arrive onboard for it to be confirmed and then be able to spend it.

Go into P&go web site type in benefits for ex service . It will give you a code, call their customer service team ..you will need your booking ref ::D:D:D:D

We recently found out about the ex military onboard credit offer.

We have been given £75 each that's hubby and I, we must have his Red Book for when we arrive onboard for it to be confirmed and then be able to spend it.

Go into P&go web site type in benefits for ex service . It will give you a code, call their customer service team ..you will need your booking ref ::D:D:D:D

:-) already done we got £30 each because ours is a 13 night cruise. Still nice though.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

We are Early Saver cruiser on A606/A606A

Sailing weeks today, fly out 18th Mar T/A back.

We had our cabin allocated yesterday our Etickets are now available to print although we won't as we wish to increase our luggage which we can't do till nearer our flight date.

Excited

Like our cabin position based on we went for standard balcony, offer price permitted us to give P&O cruise in Caribbean an opportunity.

Oops! Next one is 5 weeks - perhaps that Early Saver wasn't such a good idea! :D I shouldn't joke! :eek:

(I did book with my eyes open though and will accept whatever gracefully and without complaint.)

We booked within a month of sailing on Adonia in August.

This was for a 30 day cruise.

We approached the Maitre d' on embarkation and he was able to move us to our preferred seating for the 2nd night.

He was very accomodating and I think they will generally give people their preferred seating if it is at all possible.

They do operate a wait list so it takes a little sorting out, just be patient.

Edited by Glenndale

We approached the Maitre d' on embarkation and he was able to move us to our preferred seating for the 2nd night.

He was very accomodating and I think they will generally give people their preferred seating if it is at all possible.

Thanks. :)

I also claim military OBC. Our last cruise was the first one I had claimed it on. Took my paperwork to reception to confirm I could have it.

They looked at me as though from a different planet and had no idea what I was on about.

Suggested I spoke to future cruises/loyalty people. This I did who did know what I was on about and said for future ref I did not need to show it to anyone. Just have it with me, so if anyone should want to see it I could show it to them.

If it was me take the red book, and don't show it to anyone, unless asked to show it.

you will have a great time going with that outlook :cool: plus might be lucky and get allocated your preferences.

In fact, when a lot younger, my nephew was far from a fussy eater, and his favourite words were "let me try it, I might like it" we still say that now when faced with situations, that are outside our comfort zone. You don't always like it, which is fine as it confirms you first choice is actually a choice not just a rut:)

Lukaswithak enjoy your Caribbean experience, that's the best thing about Saver fares :) it gives opportunities that over wise might have been discounted.

Edited by Pink-belle

Lukaswithak enjoy your Caribbean experience, that's the best thing about Saver fares :) it gives opportunities that over wise might have been discounted.

Exactly how we first discovered the Caribbean. Ridiculously cheap from our local airport compared with flights from elsewhere and we thought........this is our chance to give it a whirl and not much lost if we don't like it. Great deal but my goodness it's cost us over the years - the Caribbean is so warm and vibrant; the people, music, beaches, food.... cocktails(!) that we just love it. No good deals thereafter, but worth every penny! Hope you are as blown away by the experience as we were Lukaswithak. Enjoy!

I think it is easier to sort out on the smaller ships, less disgruntled people in the first place!

We booked our next cruise on an Early saver too...and like you , we will just accept what we are given! Mind you, we have booked the Beach House for dinner on day 1 and will take it from there.:)

I'm sure you will be fine.........if not just keep telling yourself, "at least I'm here" :)

We booked our next cruise on an Early saver too...and like you , we will just accept what we are given! Mind you, we have booked the Beach House for dinner on day 1 and will take it from there.:)

Sounds like a plan. Think we might follow suit. ;)

This is our cruise booked as an early saver, we could request a dining time but there is not the same guarantee as with a select fare.

We are happy with what ever, maybe a chance to try freedom dining.

There will be a bed, plenty of food and fantastic ports of call. What more do you need? Oh yes good weather. :)