Luggage tags

steve3857

Just a beware: We had the dock porter in Sydney put the tags on our luggage. They must have somehow gotten torn off because the luggage never made it our rooms but was sent to an obscure corner in guest services.

Make sure you have your own luggage tags somewhere so that if the porter tags get lost they can look you up.

Last Nov I forgot to pack those pretty little things. The Porter at the pier slapped em on in the wink of an eye! And we even got ours before our friend's in the cabins on either side of us :eek:

This reminds me of the time they sent us suite luggage tags in advance, which were supposed to give us priority baggage delivery.

We had used concierge luggage tags that they had sent us in advance on previous cruises, so we already knew that those did nothing to expedite luggage delivery, but we were told that the suite tags would.

We checked in at the pier together with some friends who got their bags tagged at the pier.

They were staying in a regular cabin, and their bags with the ordinary tags were delivered about an hour before we got ours.

So much for our suite priority.

We wouldn't have minded, except for the teasing we got about being the "big shots" in a suite with the "priority" luggage delivery. :D

We recently sailed on the Summit. Porters were tagging luggage at the pier. The process looked very efficient. We were able to print our luggage tags before leaving home so already had them on our bags. So there isn't any need to order your tags.

A side note - we were in a suite and there was no priority delivery of our luggage. Mine arrived a few hours after we boarded. And my husband got his luggage 15 minutes before the muster. Fortunately, it was no problem for us.