Sterling Steakhouse

rtroeh

Is Sterling Steakhouse on the Star all you care to eat, or are you limited to one entree? I know for most people this point is moot because one steak is all they care to eat, but one of the guys in our group is a very big eater. Makes me sick because he is thin as a rail! When we go out to eat he always orders two entrees, and I know he will be in hog-heaven (pun totally intended!:D ) in the normal dining rooms where you can order as many entrees and desserts as you like. We're planning on taking him to Sterling for his birthday but I want to make sure he doesn't leave hungry!

We were on the Diamond this summer - although the steaks are HUGE my husband and 16 year old son wanted to be able to really compare different cuts of steaks so ordered two steaks each. My son would only eat well-well-well done steak so he tried medium (still likes burnt better!). Anyway....there was no problem ordering more then one entree and dessert. I think I ordered the creme brulee and wanted to try something else (pecan pie????) so they boxed it up and let me take them back to our room to eat later. The service was wonderful, the food was great. I would book Sterling over Sabatini's - was very disappointed with that experience.

We just did the 10/1 sailing and went to Sterling's with our group of about 15. One guy is just like your friend--thin as a rail, but this guy managed to put away a t-bone followed by a filet at no extra charge! I had a terrible time deciding on an appetizer because every single one of them sounded like exactly what I felt like! I wound up having artichoke/spinach dip served with tortilla chips, a caesar salad, and new england clam chowder in a bread bowl (needless to say, I did not eat the bowl). All were wonderful and there was no extra charge! We just loved that place and can't wait to do it again! Excellent value for the money, in our opinions!

Rtroeh,

The Steakhouse on the Star Princess is called Tequilas.

While most need only one steak I have seen people order 2.

There are great appetizers to fill up on as well.

Be sure to say hello to Douw, he is the Supervisor in charge of Tequilas - a great friend of mine.

Have a great cruise :)

Rtroeh,

The Steakhouse on the Star Princess is called Tequilas.

While most need only one steak I have seen people order 2.

There are great appetizers to fill up on as well.

Be sure to say hello to Douw, he is the Supervisor in charge of Tequilas - a great friend of mine.

Have a great cruise :)

Just so there is no confusion. In the latest Princess Cruise book 2006 the Star layout shows the steakhouse as being called Sterlings. It is on Deck 7 nearer the front of the ship between the Internet Cafe and the Hearts and Minds Wedding Chapel.

We'll be eating there 4 weeks from tonight :)

Last time when I was on the Star - they called it "Sterlings at Tequila's" - sort of like Tequila is the room but it is Sterling Steakhouse. The name is sort of used interchangable - Tequila's used to be a Southwestern Steakhouse but is now the Steakhouse.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ??? I am now confused.

I was on the Star Princess in August & ate at the steakhouse, called Tequlias. Last night speaking with my friend who works in the steakhouse, called Tequlias..................

The location is where you mention - Deck 7 - next to the Wedding Chapel, before the Internet Cafe.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ??? I am now confused.

I was on the Star Princess in August & ate at the steakhouse, called Tequlias. Last night speaking with my friend who works in the steakhouse, called Tequlias..................

The location is where you mention - Deck 7 - next to the Wedding Chapel, before the Internet Cafe.

Same place - the restaurant just has an identity crisis periodically.

Archived