Rodeway inn fort lauderdale day room?

SMSACE6

when you go on the hotel website, is there a dark/black bar with options, of home, reservations, day rooms, and several other options after that? you click on day rooms, then next page, click on book here.

Im sorry, I wish I knew how to link you to it. perhaps some other computer savvy person who reads here can. hope someone else can help better than me:o

Thanks for trying to help me. The word day rooms is nowhere on the site that I can see.

Sue

Ok, going to try something, no promises, this just an experiment to see if I can post a link to the page.

http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/images/slider-img-01.jpg

do you see the black bar above the hotel pic, with day rooms three bars in?

Dang!!!! does not work...on the website, the day room are just above that pic.

http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/images/slider-img-03.jpg

I give up,,,sorry

Edited by SMSACE6

Ok, going to try something, no promises, this just an experiment to see if I can post a link to the page.

http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/images/slider-img-01.jpg

do you see the black bar above the hotel pic, with day rooms three bars in?

Dang!!!! does not work...on the website, the day room are just above that pic.

http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/images/slider-img-03.jpg

I give up,,,sorry

It's OK. I appreciate you trying to help me.

Sue

Aha!!! Thanks Megr1125! Glad you were able to help out.

I think I know now what I was doing wrong:o I'm getting older, but never too old to learn something new:D Thanks again.

The web page that Mergr1125 is showing, is not the one I see when I log onto the website. Don't know why.

I have also been looking at bags to go. That will be my back up plan.

Thanks again everyone! Happy Cruising!

Sue

• 1 month later...

Just want to thank everyone for the help they gave me. I came back from my cruise on Easter Sunday. On the Regal Princess I had no problem with them taking my luggage to Southwest even though my flight was at 9:55 PM. The cut off time was Midnight.

We were tired so we went to the Rodeway Inn with no reservations. We were given a room around 1:30 PM. I complained nicely to Izzy and he got me a room when I was tired of the wait.

Their shuttle is very nice, and we were dropped off right in front of the SW Terminal. We did have to have our boarding passes redone by the helpful SW agent. Princess seems to mess this up a lot. Our luggage showed up in Phila with all the other bags on our flight.

Thanks again, we had a wonderful time.

Sue

• 4 months later...

The term "Day Room" is really a misnomer. You're just renting a room and not spending the night in it. Any hotel will allow early check-ins as long as they have a room available, which is why many hotels won't promote so called "Day Rooms" during high season.

My parents (in their 80's) did end up going there after their cruise in April. They took a cab from the pier. I think it cost them 25.00. They arrived around 11am but could not get into a room till about 1pm or so. They just sat by the pool and waited a bit, and said the staff were very kind. They said the room was clean and well equipped, and they would even consider staying there next cruise for the day/night before the cruise. They also ate at the restaurant attached and said the food was fine. Not gourmet of course, but adequate and not over priced.

One thing to know re day rooms, is that you will likely not get a room before 1pm or so. Parents said that the shuttle to the airport was easy and on time.

Does anyone know if the Rodeway Inn will pick up from Port of Miami or just from the airport?

I am not sure about this, but I seem to remember them in their email saying to call when off the ship with baggage and they would p/u. My parents being in their 80's and one with a cane, I suggested they not do this, but to just grab a cab. Quicker and easier for them, but it did cost them about 25.00 plus tip to the hotel. So not sure if they do actually p/u from port everglades, as my memory is now rusty, and the email is long gone. sorry.

yikes, edit again, but this hotel is near PE, and pretty sure they would not pick up from Miami port.

Edited by SMSACE6

Does anyone know if they are still doing the day room deal? Or do we need to book the full overnight price? It will be for post cruise, early April, flight leaves Fll at 8.40pm. thanks for any info or other suggestions. Add to say, this is for my parents who are in their 80's and not interested in day tours, they are coming off a Celebrity cruise, and just want a place to relax, watch tv, have a bite to eat etc, before heading to the airport around 6pm. thanks for any info or alternative suggestions.:)

You have to take a cab everywhere you go from Rodeway. Me, I would find another hotel. Stayed there once and never again. Nothing is in walking distance. I have a list of 50 reasons to find somewhere else. But since I don't have anything nice to say I will shut up.

You have to take a cab everywhere you go from Rodeway. Me, I would find another hotel. Stayed there once and never again. Nothing is in walking distance. I have a list of 50 reasons to find somewhere else. But since I don't have anything nice to say I will shut up.

It is ok Rocketlady. We are all entitled to our opinions. My parents did go there for the day, and it worked fine for them. They are in their 80's and don't venture far from the hotel. I have not been there, so have no opinion whatsoever:D, only going by what they came back with. It probably would not be my choice either though.

We stayed at the Rodeway in a day room in March of this year. We didn't stay in the room hardly at all. We took their shuttle to the water taxi stop and spent the day out and about. We went back to the hotel and cleaned up a bit and changed clothes and went to the lobby and they took us to the airport. Our plane didn't leave until 9:30 p.m.

They picked us up at Port Everglades when be debarked. They tell you to call when you get through customs. We did and it was a wait. I might call them next time when I'm almost through customs. If I remember correctly, we needed someone to carry luggage up the stairs. I don't remember an elevator.

I don't know if they still offer the day room. I typed day rooms Fort Lauderdale and this is the only one I know of that came up on the search. It worked for us.

We stayed at the Rodeway in a day room in March of this year. We didn't stay in the room hardly at all. We took their shuttle to the water taxi stop and spent the day out and about. We went back to the hotel and cleaned up a bit and changed clothes and went to the lobby and they took us to the airport. Our plane didn't leave until 9:30 p.m.

They picked us up at Port Everglades when be debarked. They tell you to call when you get through customs. We did and it was a wait. I might call them next time when I'm almost through customs. If I remember correctly, we needed someone to carry luggage up the stairs. I don't remember an elevator.

I don't know if they still offer the day room. I typed day rooms Fort Lauderdale and this is the only one I know of that came up on the search. It worked for us.

There is no elevator. I also stayed here in March and it met my needs. Their airport shuttle is roomy and very nice. My cruise docked in Miami and I took a cab to Rodeway. I did not have advance reservations, just showed up and had a room by 1 PM. Check out is 6 PM.

Sue