Did we book early saver by accident?

cherbear4000

How can I tell if we have early saver? My mom just booked our family cruise with a PVP. I know for a fact she did not want early saver since we are not 100% sure about this cruise and she wanted the freedom to cancel without penalty. I was looking over my confirmation emails and at the bottom there are 2 notes. One is about linking the reservations for dining, the other says the following listed below. Also if I look at the booking online, it says we would lose the deposit if we cancel. How can I tell if we are early saver without calling the PVP? (She is going out of town.) Can we switch from early saver to another rate if it was booked in error? I am thinking the PVP booked early saver without discussing it with my mom.

"A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date. Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit must be used for bookings in USD currency within 24 months from the date of cancellation. If you find a lower cruise rate, based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services, such as air, transfers, prepaid gratuities, or Taxes/Fees/Port Expenses contact your Travel Agent or http://www.Carnival.com. Price protection doesn’t apply to group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public."

Edited by cherbear4000

.Appears to be an Early Saver program. I recently booked that on a Magic cruise, and those were the stipulations involved. Penalty for cancelling, etc.

Plus, I had booked an Early Saver on the Vista, had to cancel.....lost $50 per person.

Edited by MAGNUM PI

I just wanted to give a follow up. So we were booked early saver despite specifically requesting not to. Also, my mom did not book with a PVP since her PVP left Carnival. Instead she booked with a customer service rep. I ended up finding a new PVP and she and her supervisor not only rebooked us using a different rate without penalty, she told us that some of the cabins qualified for a pack and play promotion saving us $6500. The just reiterates the need to use PVPs.