REGAL PRINCESS ITINERARY CHANGE 17-28th July 16

c11nno

We have just had an e-mail from our tour operator confirming a change of itinerary for Sweden, we are no longer docking at Nynashamn we are docking in Stockholm instead on 26th July 16. Does anyone know why this might be ? We are going to lose 5hrs in port.:confused:

Edited by c11nno

We have just had an e-mail from our tour operator confirming a change of itinerary for Sweden, we are no longer docking at Nynashamn we are docking in Stockholm instead on 26th July 16. Does anyone know why this might be ? We are going to lose 5hrs in port.:confused:

I'm thrilled with the change. Now we don't have to tender and drive and hour...it's a LOT better!!!

Trust me...it is alot better that you are docking in Stockholm....keeps you from having to tender and then take busses into town which will take a total of about 1.5 to 2 hours when you include tendering and bus drive

First, you will get an awesome trip up and down the fjord leading to Stockholm. Second, you are already in town and don't need expensive and time consuming transfers to town. Princess used to dock in town at the ferry dock across from old town and in an industrial area northeast of town for the small ships. It was great docking in town.

If you walk east on the ferry dock you can board the harbor ferry boats and ride around town. Lots of places to go like the Vasa ship museum, Skansen historical park, art museum and old town. Saves your feet. You can also get a Stockholm Card and this includes museum entries, ferries and buses. You may not need a tour operator.

Sailing in through the Stockholm Archipelago is one of the prettiest and best cruising experiences we have had. Right up there with sailing in or out of Venice.

We chose another cruise line for our Baltic cruse last year because Princess was docking at Nyasham. This is a good thing, most of the docks are very close to town. Stockholm is gorgeous!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I looked and my May 12 cruise has the same change. Someone on my roll call got an email notification from Princess about it but I haven't seen one yet. Kind of nice to know as I have an independent tour booked with SPB while in port. Will see how it affects things when I contact them.