Taxi around

Jannevt

Im thinking about going to the airport beach in ST.Martin.

Is it easy to get a taxi out there?

And when we wanna go back, is there a lot of taxies waiting there?

And same on St.thomas is it easy to get taxi to and from the beaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Plenty if taxi outside of the port. There alway a taxi waiting at the beach too. Just to let you know that maho beach aka airport beach got destroyed. near the popular bar. It full of dagger rocks. You need to walk to other side of the beach where the resort is. Happy cruising.

As the previous poster said, there are lots of taxis around, there is plenty of competition so get a fixed price. There are also small people carriers / mini-buses as well and it's cheaper still to share with fellow passengers. At Maho beach there are loads of taxis . With the sand on the beach, with winter and tropical storms sand is lost quite regularly. I am sure i have read somewhere that it is replaced by the local authorities because of the tourists ?

I was at the beach in feb 2015. There was plenty of sand to walk on with lots of palms tree. When I was there Jan 2016 half of palm tree was gone, sand uncovered the daggers rock. My mouth drop like what happen here? I talk to a taxi driver and told me one of the storm destroyed it. They let Mother Nature bring back the sand. Too bad they don't beach replenishment program like they have here in the east coast of USA. There are buses go there but that for if your are in group. Last year I was nervous because I never been there and saws thread asking for people who wish to join the bus and it same prices as taxi.