Seattle cruise dock to Airport timeframe?

able58

Hi, I'm a newbie and complete novice.

We are taking Carnival Legend Alaska cruise from Seattle, we need to know the timeframe to get disembarked and to the airport. The boat gets in at 7am, would a 11:50am flight be possible? I inly ask because we don't want to arrive into New York at midnight ... thanks for any help.

Hi, I'm a newbie and complete novice.

We are taking Carnival Legend Alaska cruise from Seattle, we need to know the timeframe to get disembarked and to the airport. The boat gets in at 7am, would a 11:50am flight be possible? I inly ask because we don't want to arrive into New York at midnight ... thanks for any help.

I would have no problem booking that flight time.

Thanks guys ... I have been looking at those threads mentioned earlier, very informative. Seems I was led astray by someone a little bit overly cautious. I did some sums and couldn't work out why we should leave it until late afternoon. Thanks again.

Thanks guys ... I have been looking at those threads mentioned earlier, very informative. Seems I was led astray by someone a little bit overly cautious. I did some sums and couldn't work out why we should leave it until late afternoon. Thanks again.

You're welcome.

I would also try to get off the ship fairly early. If they offer an option to take your own bags off yourself, and you can handle that, I'd consider it. You never know if there are going to be delays with arrival, customs, traffic, etc.

Do self disembark if you can - it is so much faster and easier and then taxis are easy to get at the port. The main delay will be the SEATAC security line which can be quite slooooooow. If you are a Trusted Traveler, however, or in First Class, you will most likely be Pre-Check so that helps a lot as you get to go through the fast lane. If you haven't already, DO get your Trusted Traveler - it will save you so much time not having to stand in line.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs

I do hope, however, that you have planned to spend some time in Seattle if at all possible before your cruise - it's a great city with so much to do!

Thanks again ... we have been to Seattle before so only planning on having one extra day. And even though we fly economy domestically in the US I seem to always get TSA pre-check clearance, my other half unfortunately does not so I take all the hand luggage.