Q: Stateroom "hair dryer"

Mrs.C05

So from what I am reading within reviews and such, at least on the NCL Spirit, the hair dryers are European and are box type things.....and you cannot bring your own? Why can't you bring your own? Is the electrical outlet an international one? Can I bring my hair straightener?

So from what I am reading within reviews and such, at least on the NCL Spirit, the hair dryers are European and are box type things.....and you cannot bring your own? Why can't you bring your own? Is the electrical outlet an international one? Can I bring my hair straightener?

Of course you can bring your own hair dryer, who says that you can't??? Same with hair straightener, I have done it many times. And in the cabin there are both US and European outlets (110w and 220w).

I think its the SPIRIT that has the Asian electrical current and most U.S. hairdryers use too many watts and will "blow the fuse" so to speak. This thread will be helpful to you http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1304099&highlight=spirit+hairdyer

ChengKP has answered this question a few times.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

So, if I have a small hairdryer and even my hair straightener (which are each 120v), I can still plug them in it looks like. I may search for an outlet converter though. Anyone have any recommendations?

My recommendation is just use the provided hair dryer. It works every bit as well as a small one.

My recommendation is just use the provided hair dryer. It works every bit as well as a small one.

That is my personal experience as well, so I stopped bringing my own hair dryer several years ago. I have long hair myself (but not very thick hair), and the one in the cabin works great if it is just for blow drying my hair after a shower. I still bring my hair straightener though....

That is my personal experience as well, so I stopped bringing my own hair dryer several years ago. I have long hair myself (but not very thick hair), and the one in the cabin works great if it is just for blow drying my hair after a shower. I still bring my hair straightener though....

Since I just cut my hair short I will skip the hair dryer and use what's in the cabin, but still bring my hair straightener. Thanks!