Post Dry Dock Magic Dining Spreadsheet

theplanner2010

Also I guess Fat Jimmy's BBQ is not going on Magic.

I thought I had read that was the case but its not listed anywhere anymore that I can see.

Sticking with the BBQ it already has.

I'm almost positive it was listed as coming soon and had the Fat Jimmy's menu when I made this spreadsheet because I was only researching the Magic, but I just looked again and it is Ocean Side BBQ with its menu (which to me seems a little redundant to the new venues with its menu of burgers, hotdogs and some type of taco...oh well if we hear different I will change it back to Fat Jimmys.

GREAT WORK!!! One of the best, most helpful posts I've ever seen here.

Wow thanks! I have been mostly a lurker for many years and so appreciate all the helpful information I have received from others. It's nice to be able to give back ;)

Newest version attached with deletion of Fat Jimmy's and location of Pizzeria del Capitano locations. It should be formatted to print to a letter size page.

MAGIC DINING 2-22.pdf

Edited by theplanner2010

I'm almost positive it was listed as coming soon and had the Fat Jimmy's menu when I made this spreadsheet because I was only researching the Magic, but I just looked again and it is Ocean Side BBQ with its menu (which to me seems a little redundant to the new venues with its menu of burgers, hotdogs and some type of taco...oh well if we hear different I will change it back to Fat Jimmys.

I too think I saw it coming soon on the website but not now.

I agree why wait in a long line for taco or a slider? I can do that

the more traditional meats BBQ of Fat Jimmy's sounds better.

However I must admit I never was willing to wait for Fat Jimmy's on the Breeze, the line was always long. So its unlikely I would do the same for oceanside.

The sad thing is you would always see plates of uneaten or mostly uneaten BBQ at ocean plaza on the lanai.

Wow thanks! I have been mostly a lurker for many years and so appreciate all the helpful information I have received from others. It's nice to be able to give back ;)

Newest version attached with deletion of Fat Jimmy's and location of Pizzeria del Capitano locations. It should be formatted to print to a letter size page.

Thanks much for this. As a soon to be first time cruiser, and a obsessed planner, you made my life soooo much easier. One less thing to worry about with a very picky eater in my group. ;)

Only one thing I noticed is the LUNCH link for the menu for the pizzeria del capitano actually brings you to the Tandoor menu. Is there a different menu for the pizza for lunch and dinner or is it The same as the link listed for dinner?

Edited by NoJolt4U

Only one thing I noticed is the LUNCH link for the menu for the pizzeria del capitano actually brings you to the Tandoor menu. Is there a different menu for the pizza for lunch and dinner or is it The same as the link listed for dinner?

Thank you! You are correct and several other menus were out of place due to me moving some information earlier.

CORRECTED VERSION ATTACHED!

DINING 2-29.pdf

Ok, so now the Magic doesn't show Fat Jimmy's or Oceanside BBQ on deck plans or dining list. I thought I read the updates were done and she is on her way to Galveston so maybe she will have neither on board??

Edited by theplanner2010

Thank you! You are correct and several other menus were out of place due to me moving some information earlier.

CORRECTED VERSION ATTACHED!

This is wrong in so many ways... Posting all these mouthwatering menus :D Not what I should have looked at on a Sunday night in March, when I have to wait until November to enjoy!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ...for creating the spreadsheet! I will have to save it for November.

And I agree also: Fat Jimmy's was definitely listed as "Coming Soon" a short while back.

Ok, so now the Magic doesn't show Fat Jimmy's or Oceanside BBQ on deck plans or dining list. I thought I read the updates were done and she is on her way to Galveston so maybe she will have neither on board??

I took this picture from http://www.cruisehive.com. It shows Jimmy's on Deck 5. :-)

707648417_BBQJointontheLanai.jpg.7d6a8681d2d12a76d1f6e86664869880.jpg

Edited by Curly88

This picture was taken directly from the magic dry dock and the quote beneath the picture said it was Jimmy's. Just going on what the picture said. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This picture was taken directly from the magic dry dock and the quote beneath the picture said it was Jimmy's. Just going on what the picture said. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone needs to let Carnival know... LOL! :D

John Heald posted that the Magic does indeed have Fat Jimmy's.

I also noticed on the Carnival website that under dining it shows the Red Frog Pub as included instead of additional.

It seems like someone needs to make some corrections on the website.

I thought the same thing when I looked yesterday (I'm building my own "drinks" spreadsheet). I decided that the Pub Experience is included, anyone can just sit and hang out there, but that the food and drinks are additional.

Thanks for the nifty updated sheet, just in time for my cruise in 2 weeks on the Magic for 7 days to Coz, Belize and Roatan. First time to the second two and first time on the Magic. Changed plans from Mardi Gras cruise on this ship to wait for the updates :) I always seem to get on ships a week or two BEFORE the refurb is due and this time it would have happened again. Love the Alchemy Bar and Guys that I had on the Triumph last November.

I was thinking about adding a spreadsheet tab for drinking too Jac-3 :cool: But I already have Carnival and RCL's complete drink list saved on my phone for easy access. Get the full drink menus before you go and live it up try some new things, throw the bartenders for a loop.

Bo