Overnights on the POA

deeolasingh

You are docked overnight.... that's how it works. Come and go as you please. They won't do a bed check! :D

Yep, there will be security at the gangway all night to check you in or out, even before the Dunkin Donuts guy goes "time to make the donuts". I would recommend caution in Kauai, as the park that is right next to the dock, Nawiliwili park, I think, is extremely rough after dark, so don't go walking there, use a cab to get anywhere.

Yep, there will be security at the gangway all night to check you in or out, even before the Dunkin Donuts guy goes "time to make the donuts". I would recommend caution in Kauai, as the park that is right next to the dock, Nawiliwili park, I think, is extremely rough after dark, so don't go walking there, use a cab to get anywhere.

We rented a car in each island, and parked it overnight on the overnight stops. In Kauai, that mean parking it up at the small mall up the street from the pier. You're supposed to pay for that, but there was no one there to collect.

The walk back to the ship didn't seem very bad to me. Yes, there were some locals drinking outside at a bar, and I was aware of the park's reputation, but had no problems and didn't feel threatened in anyway.

I think it's all about common sense, making good choices, and being aware of your surroundings.

How does the overnight docking work? I have been on many cruises but never one that stayed overnight in port. Sailing 7/16/16

The ship is basically a floating hotel at the overnights. Come and go as you please, when you please. The usual routine applies for getting on and off the ship.