Photo package question?

cruising3tlr

I typically dodge the photographers because it is hard to see a fantastic family photo and not buy it. I have noticed in another thread something about a package that you pay one price for EVERY photo they take. Does anyone have any info on how this works and pricing?

Thanks!

I typically dodge the photographers because it is hard to see a fantastic family photo and not buy it. I have noticed in another thread something about a package that you pay one price for EVERY photo they take. Does anyone have any info on how this works and pricing?

Thanks!

Yes, our friends did that on a 12 day Caribbean cruise back in Oct. It was about $300 dollars if I remember. I was great because they gave a few of the shots to us! :D

yep.... love those HAL photo packages. After a half dozen photo's... the AYCE package makes my life so much easier.

It's the only thing lacking on my Princess cruises.

And if only HAL had the coffee card.....

Thanks for the responses. Does the amount for the package change based on how many days? Do they do the private photo sitting like Princess and if so is that included?

Thanks so much!

I have purchased a bunch of photos in the past but I wonder why the photographers can't just email you your photo for $5 or $7? Aside from the price, look at all the wasted paper and chemicals they use for the photos they never sell. Not good for the environment.

I have purchased a bunch of photos in the past but I wonder why the photographers can't just email you your photo for $5 or $7? Aside from the price, look at all the wasted paper and chemicals they use for the photos they never sell. Not good for the environment.

Why...because it's a over priced hustle. The environment is the least of thier concern.

We did this on our 35-day Voyage of the Vikings cruise last summer.

There were three different levels of packages. We chose the formal nights for about $350. There were 9 formal nights.

You could also include shore excursion embarking or dining room.

We got unlimited pictures and poses against multiple backdrops.

We did it for a number of reasons:

It was our first cruise ever.

We have no pictures of ourselves.

Our running sick joke was we needed obituary pics (we are 68).

We have a nice collection (huge!) of us in nice dress.

They made nice presents for friends and family this Christmas.

They do try to get you to upgrade to more expensive packages but they were nice and tossed in the few pictures they took at dinner and the dock.

We would never do it again but as a one time thing it was worth it. I am sure private studio sittings at home would have cost at least as much.

Our running sick joke was we needed obituary pics (we are 68).

Ha! Love it. *Applause* for not being uptight over such matters! :D

Question - does HAL offer any digital files option with photos? NCL in October had an add-on option that provided a ship-shaped USB stick containing digital copies of all the prints you bought, as well as a PDF release letter (required by many of the labs you might order prints from) This was nice in that I had a canvas wrap done through my preferred photo lab of one of our formal pictures for FAR less than it’d have cost via HAL.

And if only HAL had the coffee card.....

Thanks for the responses. Does the amount for the package change based on how many days? Do they do the private photo sitting like Princess and if so is that included?

Thanks so much!

Private sittings are extra and handled by a separate venue.

Does the amount for the package change based on how many days? Do they do the private photo sitting like Princess and if so is that included?

On our B2B Panama Canal cruise in 2012, the package was $300 one way and $450 both ways (50% savings on the second half). No private photo setting but I don't think we'd have wanted one - enough posing as it was. IIRC it would have been an extra $100 to get the CD of all photos of us (in addition to the printed photos).

• 11 months later...