Help

mumeof3

I would think you could drop the van but to get the definitive answer why don't you check with the rental company? They would know better than anyone else. You might want to make sure they have one available for your return trip as well.

There are many hotels near the cruise port. You can do comparisons on one of the multiple online hotel rental sites.

So renting a van and driving from Pa to Florida, is it possible to drop van off near Port Canaval so we don't have to pay all the days on a cruise, also we will need hotel for the night before cruise close by, we arena group of 10

Here are the rental companies that are near the port:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46477988&postcount=5

You would have to check with the agency if the accept one-way rentals from out of state.

One thing to keep in mind......most companies on a one way rental like that, charge a hefty drop fee. That is if they even allow a van to go one way that far. Definitely check with the rental company.

I agree, though drop charges have not been my experience with rentals that have the pickup and drop within Florida.

Edited by clarea

I agree, though drop charges have not been my experience with rentals that have the pickup and drop within Florida.

Yes, the companies are a bit more flexible for rentals within the state of FL than rentals in other states, or especially state to state. Options really vary by location and licensee.

So renting a van and driving from Pa to Florida, is it possible to drop van off near Port Canaval so we don't have to pay all the days on a cruise, also we will need hotel for the night before cruise close by, we arena group of 10

I rented a van oneway a few years ago from North Carolina that had no drop off charge it was a hertz rental, and was able to turn it in right close to the port in front of the country inn and suites where I booked a room and they had a shuttle to the port. When the cruise was finished I rented again one way back to North Carolina again no drop off charge. Our family of 5 adults was able to travel for far less then the cost of airfare. Hope this helps.