NCL Getaway in Roatan

ffrencher

Trying to clear up some confusion on my end. Can anyone who has recently come back from Roatan on the Getaway confirm where you docked? The NCL website advised that the ship docks at Mahogany Bay, but looking at the excursions available, I don't see any MB type excursions. In addition, MB appears to be a Carnival port. Wondering if the ship has been docking at Coxen hole.

Makes a difference in my planning because if we do dock at MB, then would just stay there with my 2yo. If not, may need to make different plans.

Thank you.

Trying to clear up some confusion on my end. Can anyone who has recently come back from Roatan on the Getaway confirm where you docked?

Getaway has never called Roatan yet, new Western itinerary only starts this April.

I posted a topic about this awhile back because I also noticed that the NCL site said the ship docks at Mahogany Bay. Everyone who responded to my thread said that NCL only docks at Coxen Hole.

I didn't realize that the Getaway doesn't start going to Roatan until April.

I sail in May. Wonder if there is a chance it will actually dock in Mahogany Bay. Hmmm.

As a follow up, I did what I probably should have done in the first place and called NCL. The lady I spoke to says that NCL uses Coxen Hole...even though their website says something different. So off to redoing my planning. [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have a cruise booked in January that goes to Honduras. My itinerary says "Roatan Bay Islands, Honduras".

I would personally prefer to dock at Coxen Hole, I have been to Honduras with Carnival twice, and although Mahogany Bay is nice, if you really want to see the island, Mahogany Bay isn't the way to do it. There is a nice beach in that port as well as a set of shops, but aside from taking an excursion, you won't see much else.

Both times we were in Honduras we made our way to downtown anyways, which is where Coxen Hole is. If you are docked in Mahogany bay, the only transportation vehicles that are allowed into the port area are the ones for ship sponsored excursions. If you are meeting a private excursion or wanting a taxi you much walk quite a ways out of the port in order to catch one.

This is one of the things that upsets me about NCL. We're booked for Jan/2017(family cruise booked more than a year ago) and rely on them to provide correct information for trip planning. They are quite efficient at nickel and dime tactics but can't do due diligence to correct misinformation. Once they have you hooked they could care less about customer service. (Actually even before they have you hooked.) Come on NCL, this costs you nothing, act like you care even if you don't.

Our documents say Bay Islands also but this is not the port. If you go to " Plan your vacation" and then "Plan by Port" then caribbean cruises the Roatan page will appear. At the bottom of page under "What you need to know" it says the port is Mahogany Bay Cruise Center and the " ship will DOCK at this port". This is not exclusive to the Getaway. According to this page ANY ship with a Roatan stop will be at Mahogany Cruise Center. This has not been the case as others have said Coxen Hole is where the ships dock. If you use this information for planning it's a big deal in my mind. I would be upset if I'd plan to just beach it at Mahogony Bay and then find we docked at Coxen Hole and really needed to do an excursion to enjoy this stop. I believe Getaway is docking at Coxen Hole. If this proves to be correct then the Roatan page needs to be corrected. Let's see if it happens.

Here are 2 links that I found when researching Roatan for my escape cruise....hope they are of help to anyone traveling there on the Getaway or later the Escape when she sails. They are on the cruise port schedule for Port of Roatan near Coxen Hole.

http://www.portofroatan.com

https://www.discoverroatan.net/port-of-roatan/

Edited by JennaMae

Here are 2 links that I found when researching Roatan for my escape cruise....hope they are of help to anyone traveling there on the Getaway or later the Escape when she sails. They are on the cruise port schedule for Port of Roatan near Coxen Hole.

http://www.portofroatan.com

https://www.discoverroatan.net/port-of-roatan/

I use the site cruise time tables and it also has our ship docked in Coxen Hole.

I think the confusion might be stemming from NCL referring to the port on their website as "Roatan Bay Islands" Roatan bay and mahogany bay are not the same thing.

I use the site cruise time tables and it also has our ship docked in Coxen Hole.

I think the confusion might be stemming from NCL referring to the port on their website as "Roatan Bay Islands" Roatan bay and mahogany bay are not the same thing.

Is LFK an option from there? That's what we are thinking about doing there.

The whole place is the port of Roatan. Mahagony Bay is a part of the port that Carnival and its brands use. All other lines use the main dock at Coxen Hole.

The information where NCL said they went to Mahogany Bay was in error.

Is LFK an option from there? That's what we are thinking about doing there.

You would be much better going to the West End of the Island. The ships offer a great excursion to Tabayana Beach where you will find good service, and food, an exceptional beach and the best snorkeling in the Caribbean.