Carnival Fun Shops

cruiselover**

I know from these boards that the Carnival Fun Shops are under new ownership. I am wondering if any of you recent Carnival cruisers have photos of the gift shops you can share? I am curious to see if the merchandise is still similar to what has been offered in the past or if there are a lot of new items. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the cruise ship models are still for sale! I also am a fan of the t-shirts that have the sparkly designs on the front of them. I am looking forward to finding out first-hand in late April, but would love to get any information ahead of time that I can. Thanks to all!

Will be interesting to see. I was just on a Glory 11 day cruise and for about the first week the shops were open with everything on sale. Then the rest of the cruise the shops were closed for remodeling and had brown paper on the windows. I was a bit peeved to say the least. I always liked strolling through at night to see if there were any new goodies. :)

Sorry, I'm no help, but I'm curious as well! I collect the wine bottle stoppers that they sell in the Fun Shops on each cruise. My kids collect the ship magnets. We have one of each from each ship we've sailed on...and we will be on the Magic in less than 6 weeks! I'm hoping they'll still sell both!!! (I have a feeling the odds are pretty good on the magnet, but weaker on the wine stopper).

I've heard there was a lot of price increases with the new management. I normally get the model of the ship, the Christmas ornament of the ship, a shot glass, and a cpl of the cheaper T-shirts. Hoping they are all still available for the prices that I have gotten used to over the last several years.

Just off the Conquest last week. New shops were open, but was not impressed. Items seemed very expensive and much more high end then in the past. Lots of "designer" purses and clothes that were not "cruise" related. We always enjoyed picking up little trinkets, but there were not many to be found. We also enjoyed the $10 t-shirt sales that are found on all cruise lines. They did not offer this sale, instead it was a 30% off designer bags sale. Staff also was not friendly, not sure if it was new staff or stress from a recent change, but do not expect rude staff on the ship.