Allure & oasis new hidden balcony suites Tips

I am going to do a review, but I wanted to quickly say that I would never pay suite price for those stuck in balconies again. No mirror in the front room is the least of the problems. Plumbing is funky (we had 11330 on Allure last week) and the bathroom smelled the whole time, plus forget about getting quick service when the toilet is clogged within an hour of walking in (obviously not our problem). Had to make 4 calls and finally cabin steward said he would call in the calvary and got it fixed. If you take a bath or a long hot shower, you have to do a controlled drain or you will be forced to used all the towels in the bathroom and possibly the robes in order to get it cleaned up so that you can get out of the shower.

Also another tip to people who might be in there now-put your luggage way out in the hall, not in front of your door in the little hallway to your room as not everyone knows yet that a room is back there and they might not get your luggage. And be sure to check your room bill for things like luggage valet which is free for suites and I see that they just charged to my Discover card even though I was assured they would fix it before I left the ship.

More later, but no, I would never do those again.

• 4 weeks later...
I am going to do a review, but I wanted to quickly say that I would never pay suite price for those stuck in balconies again. No mirror in the front room is the least of the problems. Plumbing is funky (we had 11330 on Allure last week) and the bathroom smelled the whole time, plus forget about getting quick service when the toilet is clogged within an hour of walking in (obviously not our problem). Had to make 4 calls and finally cabin steward said he would call in the calvary and got it fixed. If you take a bath or a long hot shower, you have to do a controlled drain or you will be forced to used all the towels in the bathroom and possibly the robes in order to get it cleaned up so that you can get out of the shower.

Also another tip to people who might be in there now-put your luggage way out in the hall, not in front of your door in the little hallway to your room as not everyone knows yet that a room is back there and they might not get your luggage. And be sure to check your room bill for things like luggage valet which is free for suites and I see that they just charged to my Discover card even though I was assured they would fix it before I left the ship.

More later, but no, I would never do those again.

Thanks for the post. I've been reading feedback, good and bad, about these newer aft suites since the Oasis first added them over a year and a half ago. Lots of opinions about these cabins, so I've digested it all and we'll finally be in one about a month from now (Oasis 11330) to experience it first hand.

We'll see if we like it well enough to book one again, though it will tougher to justify the higher prices that came along with the Aqua Theater designation. We booked in October of 2014 when it was a GS and got it for under 4K (with the OBC). Don't think we'll see that deal again.

I was in 11330 on Allure in Feb. We had a wonderful time...none of the issues discussed above with the exception of a little flood with the first shower...but they quickly fixed whatever was wrong and did not have a repeat.

It is quite a hike to get back there...no doubt about that...but worth the walk, IMO.

At the time that we booked, these rooms were still Grand Suites and I believe that the prices have gone up quite a bit since they redesignated them as Aqua Theater Suites so they may not be quite as good a deal as they were for us.

My main issue is that there are no cabinets or cupboards of any kind at the dressing table in the bedroom. There are 2 shallow drawers which are basically useless....but other than that, we didn't have any real disappointments with the room. I guess it's true that there isn't a full view mirror anywhere but I didn't even notice so I guess it wasn't that big a deal for us.

The cabin steward, Rod, was excellent and helped us host a couple of parties. I was very happy with the room and we are in 8330 on Harmony in Feb 2017. That one should be even BETTER !

Not that anyone would care, we would pay to stay back there if the price was right, anytime. In fact we did, just a couple months ago in 11730. Wonderful cabin and a huge balcony

We stayed in 11330 a few months ago and it was awesome!!!!!

I'm sorry about your experience. I was in 11330 on Oasis last year. I agree that not having a full length mirror anywhere is not good! But I didn't have any of the plumbing/smell issues you did. That sounds awful. I can see why you wouldn't stay in those cabins again.

We were booked in one of these for about 20 minutes today. Wife called to move into a 2 bedroom ATS. The clown on the phone from RCI said " oh yes, this is a 2 bedroom ATS".

I get a copy of the change in the booking and it is room 12330.

Not happy. Calling these suites an ATS is a cash grab.

We are in one of these suites on the 12th flower. I liked the idea of the wrap around balcony (and yes i know that it will be smaller than the ones on deck 11 and larger than the one on deck 14). I like the idea that the suite is 2 rooms with 2 tvs. If DH wants to stay up later to watch news he can watch in the sitting area and i am able close the door to the bedroom. I will report back after my cruise.