Just rec'd an email from the Upsell dept.

Maddysdaddy

Big pooch which cruise you on? I'm. Mar 13 to 20 on the BA... maybe you got the last room as there was only 2 available when I booked

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm on the Mar 20-27, and it was supposedly the last one they had.

I have been on the Getaway and the Escape and have never had a call to upcharge. I wonder how they pick the cabins to ask?

Jus my two cents. Be proactive. Pick up the phone and dial the upsell number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

just curious, but does anyone know how they choose who gets the upgrade offers? i am on the 3/27 Dawn with over 50 suites available, i called the upsell number today and was told that there weren't any upsells available. surely with so many suites available something would have been available.

It may be too early. Try again next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are offering my family the 'opportunity' to move from an M6 to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony for only $1000 pp or to a Haven Spa Suite with Balcony for only $1500 pp.

And a week later, another email. The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony is still $1000 USD/pp, but the Spa Suite with Balcony has dropped from $1500 to $1250 USD/pp.

Have to say that I'm somewhat surprised that a cruise over the Easter break is not sold out. Maybe it won't be as crowded as I was picturing in my mind (although it probably will be - who am I kidding). If only they hadn't taken away the OBC over $1000 that I had purchased at $1.11 Cdn instead of $1.40 which is the exchange today, I might actually have considered an upsell (but that's a gripe for another day and another thread).

Edited by Maddysdaddy