Double reservation?

kasil

I am traveling with my family in two cabins, so we have two reservation numbers. We have MTD so I thought I should make a reservation for dinner on the first night to try to avoid as much ciaos as possible. I made the reservation for the first cabin without any problems. When I was making the reservation for the second cabin, I noticed I could add guests, so I added the first cabin. Both cruise planners are listing the reservations, the second lists the added guests. Since the two people in the first reservation are listed as guests on the second reservation, do they really have two reservations? Should I cancel the first reservation? I hope that makes sense. :rolleyes: Thanks for the help.

I'd keep it that way just to be safe. When you check-in for dinner, if it really is double booked they'll immediately release the other table and give it to somebody else. No harm done.

OR if it bothers you, call RCI and ask them to check it and sort it out.

However I've had problems with this last approach. Last cruise I tried to ensure two MDR reservations were linked but they said it had to be done by the travel agent. So we followed up with the travel agent (Costco). I later called RCI to confirm that they were linked and was told they were. However just before our first dinner, we discovered that we were assigned to different tables in different dining rooms. Even weirder though was that my kids were assigned to their aunt/uncle's table and my wife and I were by ourselves. To their credit, they were able to sort it out quickly on board and assign us a 6-person table for the duration.

Edited by mdchachi

Apparently they are not very bright in the dining room dept.

On our last RC cruise, they had our minor age kids who's reservations where linked to mine seated at a different table from us.

And could not figure out why.

I have learned that any issue is best treated in person.

Instead of dealing with it before hand...