Warning about Houston Feb. 26-29

aacruise

Anyone planning on sailing this weekend from either the Port of Houston or Port of Galveston, please be aware that I-45 will be closed in both directions near exit 26 (Bay Area Blvd). Traffic will be diverted to the frontage roads. If you can, try to find an alternate route.

The following information from the Houston Transtar traffic website (http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx) :

HIGHWAY IH-45 GULF

DESCRIPTION Northbound and southbound at BAY AREA BLVD. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 9:00 PM, Friday, February 26 to 5:00 AM, Monday, February 29. Southbound traffic will need to exit at El Dorado and detour to the frontage road to the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter before the Nasa Parkway intersection. Northbound traffic need to exit at Bay Area Blvd and detour to the frontage road to the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter after the Bay Area Blvd. intersection. .

START DATE 2/26/2016

Anyone planning on sailing this weekend from either the Port of Houston or Port of Galveston, please be aware that I-45 will be closed in both directions near exit 26 (Bay Area Blvd). Traffic will be diverted to the frontage roads. If you can, try to find an alternate route.

The following information from the Houston Transtar traffic website (http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx) :

HIGHWAY IH-45 GULF

DESCRIPTION Northbound and southbound at BAY AREA BLVD. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 9:00 PM, Friday, February 26 to 5:00 AM, Monday, February 29. Southbound traffic will need to exit at El Dorado and detour to the frontage road to the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter before the Nasa Parkway intersection. Northbound traffic need to exit at Bay Area Blvd and detour to the frontage road to the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter after the Bay Area Blvd. intersection. .

START DATE 2/26/2016

Thanks for posting aacruise

SEE MAPS

I-45 on way to galveston closed only at the construction at overpass section

Alternatives:

288 to 6 to galveston

146 to galveston

3 to galveston (not shown) Old Galveston Highway (parallel to 45 on east side) it will be busy also

6 to galveston

35 to 6 to gavleston

I just got the notice from a Galveston business relating to the closure:

Traffic Notice!

I-45 / Gulf Freeway Closure at Bay Area Blvd.

Begins this Friday

If you are traveling between Galveston and Houston this weekend on I-45...

Please be aware of the following closures on I-45 that begin this Friday,

and plan for alternate routes if necessary.

The Texas Department of Transportation will begin the demolition and reconstruction of the new at-grade intersection at Bay Area Blvd. To complete the work, a total closure of the north and southbound main

lanes of I-45/Gulf Freeway at Bay Area Blvd. will take place the weekend of February 26.

Beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, February 26 through 5 a.m., Monday, February 29, the I-45 northbound

and southbound main lanes at Bay Area Blvd. will be closed.

Motorists traveling southbound will need to exit the main lanes at El Dorado and detour to

the frontage road through the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter the main lanes

before the NASA Pkwy intersection.

Motorists traveling northbound will need to exit the main lanes at Bay Area Blvd. and detour to the

frontage road through the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter the main lanes

after the Bay Area Blvd. intersection.

The Bay Area Blvd. overpass will also be closed and re-open June 2016.

For the complete Press Release on I-45 closures from the Bay Area Citizen: http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/bay_area/news/bay-area-blvd-overpass-at-i--to-close/article_74bd403b-4d4f-5f7b-8d74-b5c018f4de53.html?mode=jqm&_wcsid=8188C4F4CD926EB2046003F06ECEFDAF211C054F9C490200F334BA67DC7C8E92

I just got the notice from a Galveston business relating to the closure:

Traffic Notice!

I-45 / Gulf Freeway Closure at Bay Area Blvd.

Begins this Friday

If you are traveling between Galveston and Houston this weekend on I-45...

Please be aware of the following closures on I-45 that begin this Friday,

and plan for alternate routes if necessary.

The Texas Department of Transportation will begin the demolition and reconstruction of the new at-grade intersection at Bay Area Blvd. To complete the work, a total closure of the north and southbound main

lanes of I-45/Gulf Freeway at Bay Area Blvd. will take place the weekend of February 26.

Beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, February 26 through 5 a.m., Monday, February 29, the I-45 northbound

and southbound main lanes at Bay Area Blvd. will be closed.

Motorists traveling southbound will need to exit the main lanes at El Dorado and detour to

the frontage road through the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter the main lanes

before the NASA Pkwy intersection.

Motorists traveling northbound will need to exit the main lanes at Bay Area Blvd. and detour to the

frontage road through the Bay Area Blvd. intersection and re-enter the main lanes

after the Bay Area Blvd. intersection.

The Bay Area Blvd. overpass will also be closed and re-open June 2016.

For the complete Press Release on I-45 closures from the Bay Area Citizen: http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/bay_area/news/bay-area-blvd-overpass-at-i--to-close/article_74bd403b-4d4f-5f7b-8d74-b5c018f4de53.html?mode=jqm&_wcsid=8188C4F4CD926EB2046003F06ECEFDAF211C054F9C490200F334BA67DC7C8E92

Thanks for posting.