Up sell?

LovetheCubs

I have seen a few posts that people have called ncl and gotten a better room for cheaper than at their original booking. Is there any tips on doing this? Thinking of trying to surprise my husband with an upgrade for our anniversary cruise if I could pull it off and it didn't cost us the price of another cruise!

Is there a specific number to call? Thanks!

1-800-625-4309 is the upsell number. However, you can also try the regular NCL reservations number if you are not lucky with the upsell line. The best prices are usually 2 weeks or so, and even less, prior to sailing. Keep calling and don't give up! Prices change all the time!

I booked through a TA. The prices had dropped for balcony staterooms for our cruise. I booked a dummy reservation on NCL to make sure it was worth it. The price for a balcony was almost identical as our inside stateroom. I call my TA and she took care of the rest.

I contacted my pic by email when I say a big price drop on our march cruise and upgraded from an interior room to an aft balcony for €20 per person,we also got the Sdp as this was before 30 day blackout for offers.The week previously I was offered the aft balcony by the upsell dept for a charge ofc €600 so it's worth trying 😊 just be careful you don't lose any perks you got at booking.

Can you do this if you have booked with a TA?

Yes....

I paid for an upgrade from BD balcony to H4 - saved 66% in total off of ncl.com price...it was a no brainer especially travelling in the cold season

Yes....

I paid for an upgrade from BD balcony to H4 - saved 66% in total off of ncl.com price...it was a no brainer especially travelling in the cold season

If you don't mind me asking xcell, what did you pay for the upsell they wanted 500pp last week BD to H5 ,I don't know what a H4 is but 2br was 1000pp DOS was 1500pp. I went w aft balcony at 100 lol.

I contacted my pic by email when I say a big price drop on our march cruise and upgraded from an interior room to an aft balcony for €20 per person,we also got the Sdp as this was before 30 day blackout for offers.The week previously I was offered the aft balcony by the upsell dept for a charge ofc €600 so it's worth trying 😊 just be careful you don't lose any perks you got at booking.

I booked my daughter from NCL UK got her from an ocean view to large balcony for £ 40 .I'm happy with that because it was only around 1900 USD total for that room.

I paid 750 cdn pp... I asked if there was a difference between usd vs cdn, they said no. Whatever they offered for the upsell it was in the currency you originally paid for the cruise. H4 (2 bedrooms) is listed $15000 cdn... so 1500 for the upgrade well worth it...

There was only 2 rooms left...I was calling everyday and price didn't change but the numbers of rooms were dropping so I jumped...

Now I'm pumped!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by xcell

I paid 750 cdn pp... I asked if there was a difference between usd vs cdn, they said no. Whatever they offered for the upsell it was in the currency you originally paid for the cruise. H4 (2 bedrooms) is listed $15000 cdn... so 1500 for the upgrade well worth it...

There was only 2 rooms left...I was calling everyday and price didn't change but the numbers of rooms were dropping so I jumped...

Now I'm pumped!!!!!

Good deal ,my wife didn't want to do it because we are going with a small group. She said if it were just us two it would be enjoyable, since we probably won't be in the haven too much. I did get the aft balcony she wanted though, lol . I told one of my friends to call and he got the courtyard penthouse for 1000. Are you on the 3/20 cruise?

Edited by HighVoltage#9
Forgot

I'm on the 3/13... no friends or family on this cruise (and first time hearing about the upsell number) so I jumped.

Family has no idea, although I had mentioned that I could in passing but said it was too much money.

Then after declining it...it stuck in my mind and I called daily to check. Knowing the weather is worse going out of nyc...1500 for a bigger room, enclosed space... no chair hogs (or less)... how could I not???

I'm on the 3/13... no friends or family on this cruise (and first time hearing about the upsell number) so I jumped.

Family has no idea, although I had mentioned that I could in passing but said it was too much money.

Then after declining it...it stuck in my mind and I called daily to check. Knowing the weather is worse going out of nyc...1500 for a bigger room, enclosed space... no chair hogs (or less)... how could I not???

Enjoy every minute of it, I only did one suite,, so I know what I am missing.

Yes....

Just to clarify.....I would call NCL not my TA for the upsell two weeks out correct?