Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

What's funny is I'm seeing some posts on twitter now about people complaining about the decision. However if they would have continued and they got caught in a storm again, they would have been ripped to pieces about them not learning their lesson.

They're damned if they do, and damed if they don't.

I wonder what this means for my cruise right after? will you all stay on the ship? or will they kick you off?

Nope, they are refunding our money for the 2 days and giving us 50% off of our next cruise so I'm happy with that, it's fair

What's funny is I'm seeing some posts on twitter now about people complaining about the decision. However if they would have continued and they got caught in a storm again, they would have been ripped to pieces about them not learning their lesson.

Very well said.

People like to complain no matter what. I'm a little sad that I won't see the next 2 ports, but I think it's the safe thing to do so I'm not complaining. I just wanted to make cruise critic aware.

i am not seeing any storm on any marine forecasts or on radar near cape Hatteras, not sure what they are seeing out there

The weather is so unpredictable but I think they don't want to take any chances after what happened.

People like to complain no matter what. I'm a little sad that I won't see the next 2 ports, but I think it's the safe thing to do so I'm not complaining. I just wanted to make cruise critic aware.

I completely agree! And I never meant to imply that you were complaining! (My apologies if it came across like that.) My references were what I saw on Twitter. :-)

Your post was what made me go check to see what was going on. So I greatly appreciate you sharing!

I am on the Anthem right now and would prefer it if they sailed somewhere safe and gave us a few extra days at sea. It is very inconvenient for me for the cruise to be cut short. I'm having work done at my house and can't go home until 3/4/16. I'm not complaining though. This has been an AMAZING cruise. I hope they offer a discount on the next one.

It is really confusing as none of us see bad weather.

There is Norovirus on the ship. Need I say more.

I am a loyal to Royal, but not sure about this.

They made the announcement while eating dinner

The staff was not forewarned.

Omg this makes sense, you are right. The noro virus has broken out even more, today there was a OPP level three which they say is the worst it gets, and now this.

I am on the Anthem right now and would prefer it if they sailed somewhere safe and gave us a few extra days at sea. It is very inconvenient for me for the cruise to be cut short. I'm having work done at my house and can't go home until 3/4/16. I'm not complaining though. This has been an AMAZING cruise. I hope they offer a discount on the next one.

I went to guest services, they are giving us a 50% discount for the next cruise and refunding is for 2 days.

I completely agree! And I never meant to imply that you were complaining! (My apologies if it came across like that.) My references were what I saw on Twitter. :-)

Your post was what made me go check to see what was going on. So I greatly appreciate you sharing!

No no, it didn't sound like that's what you were saying. I just want to be sure that no one thinks I'm complaining. As soon as I heard this at the windjammer and posted immediately, even before he was finished talking.

NWS/NOAA Marine forecast is showing gale warnings in the mid-Atlantic for Wednesday-ish. While they will probably take advantage of an extra day or two to scrub the ship for Noro before the 3/4 cruise, I think the storm thing is legit (esp in light of what happened recently).