Breakaway Feb 14-21 2016 Review: DOS H2 (16102)

eagle92

Thanks so much for the amazing review! We are going in a couple of weeks and are staying in an H4 (2 bedroom). At the time I had the option of this or the DOS and now you have made me second guess my decision - lol! We have young children too (3&6). How were the sleeping arrangements in the DOS?

Thanks for the great pics. I noticed that there were tables in the pool area, can you get lunch there?

Yes. We are in the courtyard several times.

Thanks so much for the amazing review! We are going in a couple of weeks and are staying in an H4 (2 bedroom). At the time I had the option of this or the DOS and now you have made me second guess my decision - lol! We have young children too (3&6). How were the sleeping arrangements in the DOS?

Sleeping arrangements were totally fine. Our two kids (9 and 8) slept on the pullout couch. Plenty of room and our steward, Cecilio, would take care of making the bed while we were out for dinner and converted it back to a sofa while we were out for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

eagle92 - Thank you for a wonderful review. Glad you and your family had such a great experience.

One question, you mentioned calling the upsell number - is that the general NCL line, or is there really a dedicated upsell number? If so, what is it? Did you simply call and say you were interested in an upsell?

eagle92 - Great review. We are sailing this Sunday 3/20 in the same suite via recent upsell. I was wondering how your concierge and butler were? In the past we have had great concierge (Patrick on the Pearl) and subpar butlers and the reverse. Thanks in advance!

eagle92 - Great review. We are sailing this Sunday 3/20 in the same suite via recent upsell. I was wondering how your concierge and butler were? In the past we have had great concierge (Patrick on the Pearl) and subpar butlers and the reverse. Thanks in advance!

Our butler was Jose. Was totally fine and did a great job. Always left us yummy treats and made sure our fridge and coffee machine were always stocked and our ice bucket always filled with ice (amongst his other duties).

Also be sure to take the portable phone from the room when you go out...works throughout the ship and you can call the butler, the concierge, whoever as if you are calling from your room. If you have kids who go to Splash Academy the coordinators can call you on that in case your kid(s) get sick or just had enough and want to be with you.

Anoop was our concierge. He knew us by name and room number without us ever having to tell him. Some folks on these boards have complained about him being aloof or not gushing all over them just because they in the Haven...he is just efficient...he gets the job done and frankly I'm a pretty modest guy so I don't need someone kissing my derriere to make me feel better. I was happy. He always came by when we were at a restaurant dining to ensure everything was going well and he helped with any reservations we needed...also helped get us into a sold out comedy show. His assistant was great as well...on the final night we shifted one of our dining reservations and he was able to get us accommodated despite the restaurant being fully booked.

I had pre-booked everything but still managed to use the concierge...so definitely use them...they are very good...no matter what the screens say about dining or shows or excursions being full...always always talk to the concierge...they can make it happen (a lot of times they keep extra inventory for all of these for Haven guests or at least highpriority from a waitlist perspective).

Our room steward was Cecillio...he was awesome, but don't think you will have him as our sailing was his last before he went back home to the Phillipines for two months.

Don't forget to tip your butler and concierge at the end of the cruise...they do not get any money from the DSC.

Edited by eagle92

• 3 weeks later...