Watching for price drops....

pal2pluto

Ok, so I got my husband hooked on cruising with our honeymoon cruise. I just booked a Canada cruise on the Sunshine.....and we are so excited. I know I used to have a site bookmarked that would notify you if the price of the cruise dropped, but I somehow lost it. Can any of you help???

Thanks!

Ok, so I got my husband hooked on cruising with our honeymoon cruise. I just booked a Canada cruise on the Sunshine.....and we are so excited. I know I used to have a site bookmarked that would notify you if the price of the cruise dropped, but I somehow lost it. Can any of you help???

Thanks!

Yes, I can help but I'm not allowed to say the name of the site or even hint at the name of the site. But if you Google "cruise fare tracker", it'll be the first one listed that isn't Cruise Critic.;) Enjoy!:)

...and it ends with .net ;)

Edited by ShakyBeef

Wow, auto notification would be awesome! I just check Carnival Fare Viewer every morning.

When are you on the Sunshine? We are booked for June 21st.

Auto-notification IS awesome!:D For $0.99 (or less, if you buy credits in bulk), you can customize just what you want it to watch for and it alerts you through email. I've used it for years, and it's saved me hundreds of dollars.:)

I prefer to check (mock bookings) multiple per times per day.:D:D

For our July 2014 cruise, we booked 3 of us in a Lido Balcony on the Breeze.

Booking price was $4200 total for the 3 of us.

After all of the price drops, we ended up at $2700.

We saved $1500 in price drops. It was CRAZY and they were BIG ones.

Not $20 or $15. Hundreds each time.

It pays to be vigilant. Check multiple times per day.

Good Luck!!!!!:D

Can anyone tell me if there is a form to fill out for a price drop that Carnival uses? I remember using a form my last cruise with Carnival for notifying them on the price drop. Now the only form I can find is the one to use within a 2 day time frame of when you booked your cruise. I have found a small price drop and would like to report it for my cruise. At this point our cruise is a little less than a year away however I figured I would start early with the price drops. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone tell me if there is a form to fill out for a price drop that Carnival uses? I remember using a form my last cruise with Carnival for notifying them on the price drop. Now the only form I can find is the one to use within a 2 day time frame of when you booked your cruise. I have found a small price drop and would like to report it for my cruise. At this point our cruise is a little less than a year away however I figured I would start early with the price drops. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

Take a look at post no. 10

The Ship Mate app will send you email notifications for free. Plus, it's really easy to just check the app whenever you want to see the current price.

I downloaded this app onto my phone. Is there someplace on there to be notified for price drops?

Auto-notification IS awesome!:D For $0.99 (or less, if you buy credits in bulk), you can customize just what you want it to watch for and it alerts you through email. I've used it for years, and it's saved me hundreds of dollars.:)

Is it 99 cents per cruise? Like I have one in June 2017...will that 99 cents cover me the whole year and change before the cruise?:confused:

Is it 99 cents per cruise? Like I have one in June 2017...will that 99 cents cover me the whole year and change before the cruise?:confused:

Yes, it's 99 cents per cruise. You purchase "credits" for 99 cents a piece, or at cheaper rates if you buy them in bulk. Then you spend a credit to watch a saildate and get alerts for as many cabin categories on that sailing that you want it to watch.

It doesn't matter what year that cruise is in, you cash in the credit to watch the saildate, you get to watch it for the whole time leading up to it, even if it's years out.

5 credits cost $4.95 ($.99 each)

12 credits - $9.95 (.82)

25 credits - 19.95 (.79)

I year Unlimited - $59.95

3 Years Unlimited - $159.95

Lifetime Unlimited - $299.95

I wish I had bought the lifetime unlimited years ago, I've already saved more than the cost of it. But I am still using up the remainder of my 25 credits.:o