Ship Time vs Local Time

hallpau

Stay on ship time wherever the ship is departing from. All aboard will be ship time no matter what local time is. Tour operators work on ships schedules. When I get to an island I ask what their local time is so I know both times. From what I've experienced Disney for some crazy/dumb idea changes time during a cruise. Do they think people are not capable of doing the math?

I thought Cozumel and Grand Cayman were Central time zone?

Not anymore. They are Eastern Time, but they do not observe daylight savings. So in a couple weeks, their time will be equal to Central Time in the U.S. Ships leaving from Florida will be one hour ahead of them at that point, but right now, they are equal with Florida.

Everyone should keep in mind that beach clubs at Cozumel will not adjust their operating hours to match your ships time. If you have an early arrival, you should know the time difference, so that you don't find out that you have to sit & wait an hour for the place to open. Also, if you book anything like a dolphin swim, that will be on their time, not your ships time. They will not make that adjustment for you. Also, some Grand Cayman independent tours will not make the adjustment for you. Check with them to make sure. There are good ones there with great reputations that do not make the adjustment.

If you booked a Carnival excursion, then you can ignore any time differences. Just stick with ship time all the time. For everyone, no matter your excursion, the time to be back on board will always be ship time. Use a watch, not your cell phone, to keep track of ship time.