Two Carnival (Dream) Quick Questions

duncmelsmom

I've been reading for 2 weeks and have learned so much:

1) There are no mini-fridges in the Balcony rooms, but you can take the "stuff" out of the mini-bar and use it as a fridge. Does that mean that it keeps things cold or is it just a storage place?

2) I think we should try FIIF, but I don't see where to purchase it. I would think it's with the excursions. Does this mean it's sold out??

Thanks for your help!!

(Any "must takes" for the trip?? I went on a crust 4 years ago and took air freshener, a shoe bag for toiletries for the back of the door, a power strip, bungie cord to hold the door open...do these sound legit?)

Can't wait!!

The answer to your first question is yes, you can take the drinks out of the mini bar and use it to keep drinks cool. We kept water in there and it was cool. I don't know if I would keep food, medications, or anything that would spoil in there because I'm not sure it gets cold enough.

FTTF should be in excursions under New Orleans and it should be there even if it's sold out. It was for me.

We never held the balcony door open. Didn't want to screw up the air conditioner for anyone.

Hope you have a great trip.

Edited by jacksmycat

No need for a bungee cord for the balcony door.

The steward uses a door stop when servicing the room, and when he's done with it, he leaves it under the closets in the front, near the door to the hall.

It works perfectly to prop the balcony door open, if you want to.

One less thing to pack.

Enjoy your cruise on the Dream.:D:D

We had a balcony on the Dream, and it had a fridge/cooler, worked enough to keep drinks cool. Like jacksmycat said, FTTF should be under NOLA excursions. Didn't prop open balcony door, affects the cooling system in your room along with you neighbors system. Our room (8260) was plenty cool...

Sometimes they add more fttf if someone cxls cruise or the fttf they had purchased.

That hsppened to is cpl weeks ago.

Need to check excursions several times a day and b ready to purchase.

They go fast when the go available

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

FYI, the minibar fridges can vary from room to room, from keeping things barely cooler than "warm" to as cold your refrigerator at home. I haven't seen one with a temperature control; they or either on or off. I would be cautious about keeping perishable food in there until you're certain it was cold enough.