Princess phone app

iriemon

Let me start off by saying I am a tech dummy. Can I still use the princess app on board the regal if I am on airplane mode? If not how do I set it up so I don't get internet or international charges from my carrier?

There are two ways that your phone gets Internet access. One is the data plan through your cellular carrier. This is the data that you pay for. The other is wifi. Putting your phone in airplane mode will typically turn off both these features. To use the app, turn the wifi back on. Different phones may label it differently, but something like "mobile data" should stay off. If you post what kind of phone you have, someone can likely give you more specific instructions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There are two ways that your phone gets Internet access. One is the data plan through your cellular carrier. This is the data that you pay for. The other is wifi. Putting your phone in airplane mode will typically turn off both these features. To use the app, turn the wifi back on. Different phones may label it differently, but something like "mobile data" should stay off. If you post what kind of phone you have, someone can likely give you more specific instructions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a Samsung S5 and will be upgrading to an S7. Also do i download it through the play store? Told you I was a dummy

I have a Samsung S5 and will be upgrading to an S7. Also do i download it through the play store? Told you I was a dummy

Think I figured it out but couldn't update since I was past the 20 min time limit. Thanks for all the information

This app does not use the ships cellular or satellite system. It was built and spec-ed out from the beginning to be free for all guests to use any of its authorized features. What is does is it connects guests personal WiFi devices (no cellular or satellite needed) to the ships open source content management system (CMS) or better know by its official name Drupal. Drupal provides a CMS system to each ship independently. It does this along with providing access to various databases on the ship. Drupal has a chat feature built right into is core. While Princess calls this messaging it is really just standard chat. As is common with Drupal chat there is no native push feature(notification). Below is the video of the engineers of the system explaining this in their own words to other developers at the annual Dupal-con convention in Los Angeles 2015. As mentioned in the video for pushing chat to notification, I have installed a couple of applications on my galaxy S5. I will be trying these out on my upcoming cruise. Some are saying the Samsung phones are buggy and or non-functioning on the Grand Princess. That does not make sense to me why this particular android device is having trouble of its own on what is basically just and HTML5/CSS3 CMS system. I will be doing my own shakedown of the system with my family in a couple weeks.

Techies may learn more from this video.

Edited by masterty

This app does not use the ships cellular or satellite system. It was built and spec-ed out from the beginning to be free for all guests to use any of its authorized features. What is does is it connects guests personal WiFi devices (no cellular or satellite needed) to the ships open source content management system (CMS) or better know by its official name Drupal. Drupal provides a CMS system to each ship independently. It does this along with providing access to various databases on the ship. Drupal has a chat feature built right into is core. While Princess calls this messaging it is really just standard chat. As is common with Drupal chat there is no native push feature(notification). Below is the video of the engineers of the system explaining this in their own words to other developers at the annual Dupal-con convention in Los Angeles 2015. As mentioned in the video for pushing chat to notification, I have installed a couple of applications on my galaxy S5. I will be trying these out on my upcoming cruise. Some are saying the Samsung phones are buggy and or non-functioning on the Grand Princess. That does not make sense to me why this particular android device is having trouble of its own on what is basically just and HTML5/CSS3 CMS system. I will be doing my own shakedown of the system with my family in a couple weeks.

Techies may learn more from this video.

I will be interested in your results. We leave April 3

Some are saying the Samsung phones are buggy and or non-functioning on the Grand Princess. That does not make sense to me why this particular android device is having trouble of its own on what is basically just and HTML5/CSS3 CMS system.

One thing I noticed, especially with Android 5.1, is that some

phone try to 'Avoided poor internet connection', which causes

them to drop wifi, and not reconnect.

I believe this is because there is no internet connection behind the wifi.

A couple phones I tried had a setting to disable this, but not all.

Let me start off by saying I am a tech dummy. Can I still use the princess app on board the regal if I am on airplane mode? If not how do I set it up so I don't get internet or international charges from my carrier?

I answered your question on the other thread.

Yes just turn on wifi.

We didn't use the messaging feature but it was very handy as an e-version of the Patter. It's a hassle to carry around the entire patter but the app gave all the info on what was going on and when. It even had the option to pull up a deck plan to show you what venue the show or whatever was going to be. It's a great improvement and totally free.

We didn't use the messaging feature but it was very handy as an e-version of the Patter. It's a hassle to carry around the entire patter but the app gave all the info on what was going on and when. It even had the option to pull up a deck plan to show you what venue the show or whatever was going to be. It's a great improvement and totally free.

Are you sure the app is what gave you the info?

All the app does is connect you to the ship's intranet and you can do that without having ever downloaded the app. Once on the intranet you can access the Patter info, onboard account, etc.

Are you sure the app is what gave you the info?

All the app does is connect you to the ship's intranet and you can do that without having ever downloaded the app. Once on the intranet you can access the Patter info, onboard account, etc.

I don't know where the info came from. I accessed it through a little button on my phone that said Princess at sea messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk