Inspiration "Live" Review 2/29-3/4

TomAceEsq

Not the Op, but we were on the same cruise.

Hi Ship2Shore41, since you were on the same cruise, did you happen to bring home your Fun Times? I understand from the OP that they are pretty similar to the ones posted a couple weeks ago, but I would still be interested in seeing them for the Catalina / Ensenada / Sea Day configuration of this itinerary that was done on this particular sailing. Thanks in advance if you are able to post.

Question:

If we chose to walk into town you said its about 1 mile. Can we then catch a tour bus to La Bufadora? Also you said your day was about 4 hours- Approx how long was the ride to La Bufadora and how much time did the tour spend there?

Thanks

Can't wait to hear what your thought of the main dining room food and News Guys Burgers & Mexican spot.

Question:

If we chose to walk into town you said its about 1 mile. Can we then catch a tour bus to La Bufadora? Also you said your day was about 4 hours- Approx how long was the ride to La Bufadora and how much time did the tour spend there?

Thanks

Can't wait to hear what your thought of the main dining room food and News Guys Burgers & Mexican spot.

You can take the tour from town but its a few dollars cheaper if you take the shuttle into town and take the offered tour. It's about an hour or so there and back. 2 hours is more than enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the Uber info ... I really needed that, were they cool with you having suitcases? We have 2 standard bags, + carryons. I figure they know there picking up from the airport so that's kind of a given.

You enjoy the rest of your trip, how's the weather? Warm enough for swimming and lounging by the pool?...Looking forward to hearing about Guys burgers, the food in the MDR, and things to do in Ensenada.

Thanks again your so helpful

Uber was fine with our two checked bags and our two carry ons. We were picked up in a Prius and it had room for more bags.

We're from Colorado and found the weather to be slightly on the cool side after the sun went down. It was perfectly warm the rest of the time. That said, it wasn't warm enough for the pools, but plenty warm for sunbathing. I would recommend a sweater and pants if wanting to spend an extended amount of time outside at night.

I read that these shorter cruises no longer serve lobster on elegant night :(

Is this true?:eek:

True. :(

My wife and I didn't partake in Elegant Night, but heard first hand it was only available for an up charge.

Thanks so much this was a fun read. Did you try all the2.0 upgrades? How was the internet?

Cheers

The Internet wasn't great. We had the $30 plan which is supposed to offer full access other than VOIP calls. We plan in trying the $60 plan in September when we take Imagination on her first four day sailing out of dry dock.

We will need to get the internet for our trip. Which plan did you use and are there any first day offers?

No first day offers that we noticed. I recommend the $60 plan if REALLY needing to stay connected. The $30 plan (maybe it was $35) left something to be desired.

TomAceEsq - Jaime is on the large buses as well :D The DD enjoys playing dominoes with the employees before we head out. We enjoy the La Bufadora area and go to a little place that is our favorite fresh fish tacos etc. and a beer. It is always part of our annual trip and a great kick off to Ensenada.

That's great to hear Jaime does it all! It just wouldn't have been the same in a larger bus. He interacted with all of us so much, he really made the trip memorable. I have a picture that I'm too embarrassed to post of me putting Jaime in a half headlock, half hug and him giving a big thumbs up. I can't say enough great things about him. Haha

TomAceEsq, can you confirm that the "elegant" night in the dining room was on Tuesday after your day at Catalina?

Confirmed. It was definitely after our day in Catalina.

Our appetites were crushed by Guy's Burgers. Review of that to follow.

Question:

Thanks

SadieN nailed it. It's about a two hour round trip to La Bufadora. You see some pretty cool stuff on the way like Army and Air Force bases. You also pass a massive fish farm. It's tough to describe, but you'll know it when you see it. It's pretty impressive.

You'll spend approximately two hours at the blowhole. About 15 minutes of that is spent walking through the flea market to get to the actual blowhole. You'll want to spend about a half hour just checking this thing out. The rest of the time we spent checking out various shops and talking to the locals. There are more than a few places to grab drinks and tacos, but you want to be back up where you got off the bus about 10 minutes early just to be safe. They do an amazing job of getting you back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

Guy's Burgers. I don't even know where to start. I was taking everyone's raves with a grain of salt. Now I know why everybody loves them. After our first try, it's literally all we wanted to eat. On the sea day, we ate there twice. I can't overstate how good these burgers are.

You hop in a pretty short line (if there even is one), and order when you get to the guy who puts the burgers together. They have names for specific burgers they can make for you, but do yourself the favor of just asking for an onion ring or pig patty (a patty made of quilted bacon) if you want it, instead of asking specifically for the burger by name. The guys on Inspiration seemed to prefer it this way.

If you asked for the specific burger, they'll start loading it up with lettuce, tomato and that gross stuff mayo. By asking just for a double with the onion ring and pig patty, you'll get a good ol' plain cheeseburger that you can make the way you see fit at the toppings bar. Like JordanZ said in an earlier post, definitely go for the sautéed onions. To die for on a double or triple with a pig patty. Also, if you're a bacon lover like myself, don't be shy, ask for TWO pig patties.

If you're a carnivore, you will not be disappointed in Guy's Burgers. God, I wish I had one now.

Guy's Burgers. I don't even know where to start. I was taking everyone's raves with a grain of salt. Now I know why everybody loves them. After our first try, it's literally all we wanted to eat. On the sea day, we ate there twice. I can't overstate how good these burgers are.

You hop in a pretty short line (if there even is one), and order when you get to the guy who puts the burgers together. They have names for specific burgers they can make for you, but do yourself the favor of just asking for an onion ring or pig patty (a patty made of quilted bacon) if you want it, instead of asking specifically for the burger by name. The guys on Inspiration seemed to prefer it this way.

If you asked for the specific burger, they'll start loading it up with lettuce, tomato and that gross stuff mayo. By asking just for a double with the onion ring and pig patty, you'll get a good ol' plain cheeseburger that you can make the way you see fit at the toppings bar. Like JordanZ said in an earlier post, definitely go for the sautéed onions. To die for on a double or triple with a pig patty. Also, if you're a bacon lover like myself, don't be shy, ask for TWO pig patties.

If you're a carnivore, you will not be disappointed in Guy's Burgers. God, I wish I had one now.

CANNOT WAIT TO TRY IT!! Okay, so did you try the tacos or burritos?

Thanks for your review!

I am getting excited to sail on the Inspiration again in a couple of weeks, and was happy to see a new review! I've been on this ship a couple of times prior (my review is in my sig in case you're interested), but was happy to read you had a great experience!