Machu Picchu

teddiern

We are going on a cruise end of April (2016) and would like to do a Mach Picchu tour before we embark. It has been a rough year and we also changed the date of the cruise (Jan-Apr) so need to find the best way to do this tour. Any help/suggestions? TY:)

I did this last April. I connected with others on the cruise via the roll call, and we (a group of 11) arranged a 4 day tour of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley through Kuoda Tours. It was a fantastic experience, and much less $ than the Oceania offering.

I did this last April. I connected with others on the cruise via the roll call, and we (a group of 11) arranged a 4 day tour of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley through Kuoda Tours. It was a fantastic experience, and much less $ than the Oceania offering.

We also did a tour of Machu Picchu, Cuzco, and the Sacred Valley with Kuoda and they are more than Fantastic. Could not have been better or better organized. Meri, the owner met us several times and really cares about her customers. They will personally plan whatever you want to do and see as well as transportation and hotels in different locations.

We departed our ship in Manta Ecuador and they planned every aspect of our trip ending by delivering us to meet our ship in Lima. A man who was with us in Cuzco had severe eye issues due to altitude and they accompanied him all the way thru meeting a great Ophthalmologist in Lima and getting him back on board our ship.

Simply wonderful people to deal with!!!!!!!

And here is another positive report on Kuoda. It's also the only "native" tour agency in Peru (or so our guide told us, who works for the outside companies as well but he prefers to work for Kuoda precisely because they ARE a local company). As such Kuoda pays higher taxes than outside companies like A&K.

We had a superb 6 days with them for a very reasonable price (we were a group of 6).

Mura

We just did 6 days In Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Pucchu and Cusco for the price of 3 days with Oceania. We used Condor Travel with private guides and drivers. They were fabulous-punctual, professional and knowledgable in every way. It was a spectacular trip!

A number of people have recommended various outfits, so if you really want to research what others have found I suggest a search.

I also wanted to say that with Kuoda we were pretty much in the same hotels that Oceania used on their tours. I'm sure that's probably true with the other outfits as well. It's not so much that they use the same hotels, of course, as that they all use the same quality hotels.

Mura

If you are on the Lima to NYC cruise on the Marina this April, check on the roll call. I believe that there are a few pre-cruise Machu Picchu trips that have been formed. There may be one with openings. DH and I are going on our own, using our hotels in Ollantaytambo and Cusco to set up tours.