Celebrity Equinox Formal Nights

slavearlen

We are booked on Celebrity Equinox in April 2017 for 11 nights to Costa Rica, Colon, Cartegena and more. Can anyone tell me if the formal nights are truly formal? We just got off another cruise and on formal nights, people had tennis shoes, jeans, ball caps, swimsuit cover ups, etc. We were dressed up and felt like fools. Hoping there is a real formal night and dress code. Can anyone share your experienc?

No washing machines for guest use. You can have stuff washed.

They no longer have formal nights, just something called "evening chic." From what I understand, many people still go formal and many just get a little dressier than their usual dinner attire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Jan. we saw the majority of men in jackets..suit or sportcoats. Some with tie. A handful still wearing tux. Women wore anything from nice jeans and top to sundresses to cocktail dresses. I saw no long gowns.

This may sound crazy but does anyone know if the Celebrity Equinox has laundry facilities? Not dry cleaning but regular laundry washing machines?

No laundry rooms fleet wide on Celebrity. Also, you are not permitted to bring irons or steamers, if seen they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. Room stewards will not loan you an iron and there are no ironing rooms.

No jacket or tie required.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Suggest if questions on this go to Celebrity website and read the FAQs. Not hard and gives clear answers.

To the OP - Caribbean cruises tend to be casual and European Med cruise much dressier.

We just returned from that ship yesterday. I personally did not see anyone in a tux but DH did. Several suits/ sport jackets. Most with dress shirts with or without ties. Nice dress pants or kakhis. Ladies in nice dresses, cocktail dresses, some with slacks and nice tops. Generally they didn't turn anyone away unless they were in shorts. The Evening Chic is really open to individual interpretation. DH was happy to leave the suit and tie behind.