Do most recommend Air2sea?

So, we foolishly booked a return trip on Air2Sea home from Venice to Newark, NJ, via Montreal.  No complaints, as the price is great, and everything is fine except for the 1 hour 35 minute layover.  I thought that would be enough time, but we are going from Air Canada to United and, from what I understand, Canada will handle going through Customs (this is the part I didn't figure in). It is the return leg of the trip, so it is not horrible if we miss the connecting flight, I just am not quite sure how it would be handled if it was a delay in customs of just not getting to the gate in time. Do we call Air2Sea at that point or United?  Is the switch to a new plane if we missed one covered if the delay is because of customs? If anyone knows, I would appreciate the guidance.  There are four of us, and we are vacation travelers every couple years, luckily without ever having a problem, and not very savvy when flying (obviously :classic_unsure:)!

18 minutes ago, lks1512 said:

So, we foolishly booked a return trip on Air2Sea home from Venice to Newark, NJ, via Montreal.  No complaints, as the price is great, and everything is fine except for the 1 hour 35 minute layover.  I thought that would be enough time, but we are going from Air Canada to United and, from what I understand, Canada will handle going through Customs (this is the part I didn't figure in). It is the return leg of the trip, so it is not horrible if we miss the connecting flight, I just am not quite sure how it would be handled if it was a delay in customs of just not getting to the gate in time. Do we call Air2Sea at that point or United?  Is the switch to a new plane if we missed one covered if the delay is because of customs? If anyone knows, I would appreciate the guidance.  There are four of us, and we are vacation travelers every couple years, luckily without ever having a problem, and not very savvy when flying (obviously :classic_unsure:)!

I'd try to deal with United first, and if they are not helpful, call Air2Sea.

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, slyone14 said:

Thank you for all the replies so far, it is most helpful. Is $240 a good price for a round trip ticket? OR should I wait and prices will go down? Im new to booking flights, im curious is the longer I wait the more they drop? Also, I was told to use expedia really only. Not sure if there is a better way and to never get the travel insurance.

I check prices 10 different ways, and take the cheapest.  Air2Sea is a tool, but not always the best.  $240.00 sounds reasonable.  I fly Florida to NYC once a year, and my last flight was about that price.  Travel insurance is a choice you can make, but my credit cards cover most travel delays.  The insurance I have is an annual policy and it is for medical mostly. 

Hi,

Just booked a flight thru A2S using new book now/pay later program.  (can't find the thread discussing this issue).  Wasn't sure about this at first but as explained by rep at A2S it sounds like a no lose situation.  Our price is locked in but if price goes down before final payment, we can get reduction.  We can pay air fare any time, independent of paying balance of cruise fare.  

Our final payment date for this cruise is August 9th so will see what happens.  Suspect air will just keep going up so at least it's locked in.  But hopefully our Canadian dollar will go up a bit to offset the currency difference!!  That would be nice indeed.

Cheers,

NJ 

My problem with air2sea has been they believe 30 min is ok to catch another flight. That being said, when going to Alaska and flying through Canada and Anchorage has been very helpful. Keep checking flight prices yourself just in case, be sure to go in a day early. 

Air2Sea doesn't build flights or set connections. That is solely within the purview of the airlines. If you call and question the airline about those absurdly short layovers, as I have, they'll respond that it's a "legal connection". Which it is, because it falls within the guidelines set by them and the FAA. Legal doesn't mean practical, though.

I've done the short-connection hustle at Charlotte, on a Saturday afternoon. It wasn't pretty, but we made it, huffing and puffing, just in time. It was a return flight home, so a missed connection would not have been a disaster. I would never take the gamble outbound, on the way for a cruise, even a day or more before departure. Don't need that kind of stress at the start of a vacation.

Also, you aren't limited to just the flights shown on their website. If you find a flight elsewhere, that is not on Air2Sea's list, call them. They'll do their best to accommodate you. If you're flying in a day or more before, they can book you on pretty much anything you want. The same goes for flights home, so long as it doesn't violate their earliest time for the port.

YMMV. HTH.

[Edit: Quoted the wrong post initially. Sorry.]