Boardwalk Balcony

mj

We loved our cabin, 11729 on the Allure which was the last room aft on the boardwalk. Plenty high to see the aqua shows and see the ocean. We usually like an oceanview balcony but wanted to try it once. A lot of action on the boardwalk, watching the people, the zipline and even watching the aqua show practices. A little noisy at times but with the balcony door closed, hardly noticeable. The only other con, perhaps, is the longer walk to the elevators if you're far aft. Hope you get one and enjoy!

Make sure you book one as close as you can to the aft of the ship and deck 8 or higher. This puts you closer to viewing the aqua show and ocean view. Outside of what was mentioned regarding elevators, I know of no issues related to this type balcony. Just as an FYI, we always book one of these when on an Oasis class ship.

Edited by rolloman

We loved our cabin, 11729 on the Allure which was the last room aft on the boardwalk. Plenty high to see the aqua shows and see the ocean. We usually like an oceanview balcony but wanted to try it once. A lot of action on the boardwalk, watching the people, the zipline and even watching the aqua show practices. A little noisy at times but with the balcony door closed, hardly noticeable. The only other con, perhaps, is the longer walk to the elevators if you're far aft. Hope you get one and enjoy!

Good to hear, we have the balcony right across from that one 11329.

Nice to hear your positive comments....I've booked Harmony

#9729, 9727, 9725 & 9723.

My only concern is the Abyss blocking our view...but I got such an

amazing price on these when booking first opened and lucky to

have them all next to each other.

My family will enjoy this surprise cruise regardless. :D

We've had boardwalk balconies twice on Oasis and absolutely loved them. Can be a bit noisy when sitting out but no problems with the door closed.

Amusing story: Was sitting on my boardwalk balcony reading my book "The Help". Looked up at the movie playing on the huge screen at the aqua theatre and what was playing - "The Help"!!! Had a difficult time reading because I kept watching the movie. Had to go in to read so I wouldn't see the end before reading it!

Cheers, Betty

Thanks for the input. I was worried that there might be noise coming into the room. It would not bother me sitting out on the balcony and being loud. Thanks again.

we had the aft-most cabin as well which was right under the walkway, so it was well shaded. if you like that. Yes, it was a bit noisy, especially if you were catching a late afternoon nap. I had heard reviews and had ear plugs ready, but really didn't need them.

Really liked being able to see the ocean a bit, and loved watching the aqua show from that angle. We watched it from the theater seats on night one, then the next day watched from our balcony and got a different perspective. It was like a peek behind the scenes cuz you could see underwater activity which was not viewable from the arena seats (safety divers, divers/swimmers coming and going, etc). Another treat was relaxing on our balcony watching the unannounced practice sessions before the first show of the day. In some ways better than the show. The main gymnast gal on Oasis was incredible to watch just goofing around with the others in the show.

I wouldn't hesitate to book the same cabin again if it was available, and we almost always do ocean balconies.

We thought we would try the Boardwalk Balcony for a change of scenery - we had the second to last cabin on deck 8 above Johnny Rockets.

Loved the view of the aqua pool at the back and watched the shows from a different perspective as they used zip lines from above.

The cons ...... absolutely no privacy. Your curtains had to remain closed all day and night otherwise people can see right in :eek:

Saw some sights that I would rather not think about ... will NOT book one of these cabins again.

Put me in an ocean front balcony any day :)

I am one of the few who would not book a boardwalk balcony again.

If I can't get an oceanview balcony for whatever reason, I would rather save money and have an ocean view or interior cabin over a boardwalk.

The privacy thing was a given and I was prepared for some noise. I found the noise pretty noticeable but not the worst part.

I stayed on deck 14 port side, cabin 14317. I got a good deal/military discount on the cabin last minute so I decided to try it out.

Deck 14 boardwalk port side is right underneath the golf course. At night late at night until the curfew at 1 or 2 am there were teenagers running back and forth and all around from the teen club area and right over my cabin. It was LOUD, very loud.

Maybe a deck lower than deck 14 would be better.

I am gonna give the boardwalk balcony a try. Was going to just book an inside cabin but it was $100 more to do the boardwalk and booked cabin 12309 on the Allure for 9/4. Looking forward to trying something new.

We have had a Boardwalk balcony in the past. Our opinion was mixed and ultimately, we would not book again. Early on, we thought the BBalc was awesome. Could see the ocean and watch the Aqua Show. As the week went on, we found the cabin to be loud. Midday naps were difficult. And on the last night, they started a movie at 3AM...no sleep (I recognize that this was a one-time thing).

Also, would agree with not booking 14th floor due to noise from above.

We are trying a Central Park Balcony later this month. Although we would prefer an ocean balcony, we booked 3 cabins late and the price for ocean vs. Central Park was about $500 more per person.

Bottom line.....being on Oasis or Allure in any cabin is awesome. Decide what is important for you and have fun

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked a Boardwalk Balcony room. Can the balcony dividers be removed so we can have access to the rest of our families balconies which are next to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just booked a Boardwalk Balcony room. Can the balcony dividers be removed so we can have access to the rest of our families balconies which are next to us?

Balcony dividers can be opened, subject to the approval of the ship's management. Speak to yoru stateroom attendant.