Anyone currently on Reflection? High speed internet prices?

cruisestitch

We were on Reflection 1/30-2/6 and had the BEST unlimited internet package for booking a suite. It was the standard speed internet. I was told by the iLounge staff that gmail accounts retrieved mail much faster than other services. I was satisfied with the speed, but I only use gmail, and I don't Facebook or FaceTime.

He(I don't recall his name) also said the iLounge is going away. As most people are bringing their own devices these days, Celebrity is going to eliminate the room full of iMacs for passengers to use. I had my iPad along, but I'd still rather type on a keyboard. I guess that means I either get a keyboard for the iPad, pack my macbook pro, or maybe spring for a new macbook. He did say there would still be a couple public use computers somewhere on board, I don't recall where. Not a development I like.

He also went on about authentication and accounts that will need to be set up prior to boarding, but I don't remember what he was on about. He seemed to indicate that lots of people were going to be very unhappy when they wouldn't be able to get their email because they hadn't done something with their account before they boarded. If anyone is on Reflection right now, perhaps you could go the iLounge and ask about future requirements and get back to us? It might be helpful to clarify the waters I've just muddied.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I explained myself well. I booked my cruise with ultimate drink package, tips, on board credit, and internet package. I think Celebrity referred to it as their "Best" promotion, by choosing all four options. So with this promotion will I be on the "standard" internet plan or "xcellerate?" I'm sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I explained myself well. I booked my cruise with ultimate drink package, tips, on board credit, and internet package. I think Celebrity referred to it as their "Best" promotion, by choosing all four options. So with this promotion will I be on the "standard" internet plan or "xcellerate?" I'm sorry for the confusion.

We booked the same. It was the standard plan, not the xcellerate plan.

We are on Reflection right now. We signed up for unlimited wifi for entire cruise on first day. Think we got Captain's Club 10% discount. Came to a total of $126. Great deal. The new internet is as good as we have at home. We've been able to stream with no issues.

lrwl2006, would you be willing to ask about the future authentication issue/email account requirements in the iLounge and get back to us? I don't remember what the guy said about it, but I do remember him saying that guests who didn't do "something" before they got on board would be unhappy about not being able to access email. As I think about it, it may have had something to do with two part authentication. He said it was coming, but not yet implemented. I sort of remember thinking that it was a catch-22. The memory fades. And may have been somewhat clouded by a pomegranate mojito or two, which I highly recommend. :D

The individual that relayed the info was the same guy who was giving the computer talks. He certainly knew his stuff.