Chankanaab Dolphin Pricing

firefox247

Has Chankanaab had a price increase or something for their dolphin packages? I'm seeing reports of BOGO on the Royal Swim back in late September that resulted in two people going for $149, and now it is $253.50 even with their current 25% off promotion. Looks like the list price raised to $169, and coupled with worse promotions, it's honestly nearly as expensive as booking through the cruise line directly. Do they usually cycle better deals, or has it been this way for a while? I'm finding it hard to justify a 70% increase in price. May have to wait until next cruise.

Respectfully, please read this article and consider waiting, period:

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/08/debunking-captivity-3-reasons-not-to-keep-dolphins-in-a-tank/

I applaud any reason, including higher prices, that causes tourists to rethink plans to support a practice that is detrimental to the animals.

Enjoy your cruise.

Respectfully, please read this article and consider waiting, period:

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/08/debunking-captivity-3-reasons-not-to-keep-dolphins-in-a-tank/

I applaud any reason, including higher prices, that causes tourists to rethink plans to support a practice that is detrimental to the animals.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sigh

Yes, I get it. Not everyone is a proponent of dolphins in captivity. The question stands.

I would just keep checking the website. We are going in April and I booked it for my 3 kids (18,16 and 10), for something like 290.00 total. I believe it is the Royal Swim (the one with more stuff). They were running a special, I don't remember what it was exactly, but the price equals out to about 99.00 per person. I think they run different "sales" all the time.

I just booked at dolphndiscovery.com for $169 plus the second person is only $30... Would've liked that 149/2 deal though :/

Hi, what swim did you book and did you book online or call?

Last month they had the swim adventure for $139 & $30 for the second person but no offers on the royal swim. This month I see they are doing an upgrade to next package (sort of), I've tried a mock booking but it's not showing the upgrade so I don't know how it would work out.

I'm eager to get this booked but don't want to book and then see a better offer/deal lol

Ive been thinking abit about the photos taken... are we sure they mean payment in US dollar? And not pesos? Both use the $ sign... I wonder if I should try to pay the requested amount in pesos just to see what they say... 360$ ...whould equal to 20 US$.... That would be a better price :P

I just booked at dolphndiscovery.com for $169 plus the second person is only $30... Would've liked that 149/2 deal though :/

I'm looking for the manatee encounter and when I try to book it says I can't because I have to go through the cruiseline. Did you just say you were staying at a hotel there? NCL doesn't offer the manatee encounter. Thanks!

Yes, you just pick any option that's not a cruise line. I actually clicked the yellow "deals" link and then Cozumel and you can book on the page

For the Manatee Encounter, it just has "hotel" or "cruiseline" as the options. I'll just pick hotel and put in a random name. I don't imagine they will check. Thanks for the help.

For the Manatee Encounter, it just has "hotel" or "cruiseline" as the options. I'll just pick hotel and put in a random name. I don't imagine they will check. Thanks for the help.

They don't, and they would rather not ask anyway. The only reason they ask at all is that certain lines like Carnival and NCL have their excursion contracts written in such a way that they force Chank to ask, and if you say you are from those boats, they are supposed to refer you to the ship excursion.

I'm guessing Chank gets less money even if you pay more through the boat since the line will take a large cut, so if you are willing to say you aren't from those lines, that gives Chank plausible deniability as far as they are concerned, so they would rather not look too closely at it.