What happens if a cruise doesn't sell

BenMurphy

Hi All

I'm pretty sure that this question has been asked before but,

We are booked on Regatta in June Seattle/Seattle. I thought the roll call was quiet and as full payment needs to be made soon I have looked on Oceania's web page and sure enough there's availability in all categories except PH.

We have our flights/hotels and ground arrangements booked to fit in with this cruise.

I'm sure that someone on here will know the answer but is there a chance that Oceania will cancel the cruise if it doesn't sell or offer us a swap (which we cannot take due to flights etc.)

Thanks and regards,

Josie:confused:

The end of June Alaska cruise tends not to sell out. My brother switched to it last year from a shorter July cruise.

They will make a effort to add passengers, but availability does not mean there are many unsold cabins. It will sail.

Edited by sitraveler

Josie, keep an eye out for incentives or price drops in the form of higher grade cabins being offered for the same price as the one you paid and if it happens get your TA to ask if you can have a free upgrade. This happened to us last year and we were upgraded from verandah to concierge and given free internet. It was after final payment and if I hadn't asked I wouldn't have got.

I agree with sitraveler, the ship will sail, barring unforeseen circumstances.

If history holds true for low selling cruises, high producing TAs will get emails/phone calls from Oceania. Those TAs will offer some extremely attractive packages to their better customers for those cruises and the ship will fill. Those specials will not/rarely be seen on the internet advertising or mentioning an Oceania cruise directly, so unless your TA calls, you won't know the special exists. If he/she knows you're already on the cruise and paid in full, they have no motivation to notify you of the specials.