I met Jane

MrsMoose2001

I just got back from NYC, went there for 5 nights with DH as I usually do 2x a year.

I had the good fortune to meet Jane and her DH.

I hope Jane won't mind me writing but I have to say a few words.

Jane is a beautiful woman, her china doll skin or is it called english rose complextion, is beautiful.

What a class act you are Jane, I'm not just talking fashion, (you are that in the fashion sense), but in something deeper, your beauty and class comes from within and shows on the exterior.

Your DH is a lovely man and it was a pleasure to meet both of you.

Thanks for takeing the time to come and meet us. I hope we get to do it again.

You have described Jane exactly the way I envision her.

Now I'm jealous ;) and even more disappointed in myself for not meeting with Lois like planned.

I'm also happy that you got to meet, this board can be a wonderful source for advise and friendship!

How fortunate for both of you!!!! It sounds as if she is exactly as she "appears" on these boards. What a delight I'm sure it was for you both to get to meet. It sounds like a dinner I would love to have been in the company of between the two of you! And no doubt the DH's enjoyed themselves as well!

Thank you ALL for the wonderful and kind words. I'm blushing with embarrassment!

I have to tell you that meeting Mrs Moose - a woman who embraces perfect, casual style from the top of her fashionably tousled hair to her au courant loafers - and the tall and handsome Mr Moose, couldn't have been better. I was (am) dealing with a death in my family and the Moose's absolutely cheered me up and made me forget my sadness for an evening.

Mrs Moose and I did the fashionistia dance and ooh'ed and aah'ed each other's handbag's while the DH's discussed wines. Hers, a big gorgeous bag of brown leather and fur w/ brass details and mine, a favorite small, olive green snakeskin were perfect compliments to our outfits. She in an animal print top and jet bead necklace and me in a black ribbon jacket w/ mint green beaded tank top underneath. I told DH to steal one of her gold bracelets while I distracted her, but darn him, he just wouldn't do it!:rolleyes:

It was a wonderful evening and could only be more perfect if we were on a gorgeous cruiseship and having this much fun every night! :)

Jane

Aww Jane, now it's my turn to blush from what you wrote, thank you, that is very kind of you.

I'm glad we were able to cheer you up for at least a small bit. My only regret is that we didn't have more time together.

My only regret is that we do not live closer so that we could see each other more often.

I posted this on a thread further down the page.

I was supposed to meet Lois and some of her cruisemates at their pre-cruise dinner. The morning of, I was awake by 3am (I'm not a good sleeper), by 4:30 pm, when I should have started to get ready, I was ready for bed. The thought of trying to stay up for an hour + car ride each way and be sociable for dinner with a large group was just too much for me that evening. I had to be up the next am by 5 am to get the family and myself ready for work/school.

You can bet, if it had just been Lois and her friend Mari along with DH and I, I never would have been a no-show. I knew she was with a group of about 8-10 people and they were all going on the cruise together and probably had a wonderful evening.

I talked with her that day, she said it would be fine if it didn't work out and that we would meet sometime in the future. The very next day, after a good nights sleep, I was very disappointed in myself :( .

I'm glad we were able to cheer you up for at least a small bit. My only regret is that we didn't have more time together.

You two sure did. Many thanks.

There's always next time! When you coming back for Spring shopping?

My only regret is that we do not live closer so that we could see each other more often.

That would be fun, though potentially dangerous to our wallets and our waistlines! LOL!!!

Jane

Probably not before spring, I would go again for US Thanksgiving but doubt hubby would want to make the trip.

Not dangerous, we could just have a drink at the Russian Vodka Bar, at $2.50 a drink during happy hour, we could be real happy for little money and not to hard on the wasitline, lol.

Oh well.... glad we cheered you up at least.

I miss you already :(

I wish I could also meet Jane110. I will be in the NYC (long Island) area President's Day weekend for a family event. She was so great about sharing her insights when I was dress shopping fthis past winter or DD's wedding 9/05.

I was able to buy a brand new, w/ tags dress on ebay for $10 + 10 shipping and later $85 in alterations. Poor tailor asked me if I "really" wanted to spend that much. Just told him I got it a a price that was worth it, no comment on what I actually paid. I had seen this mfg dresses at a local really good store for >$400.

Available Jane?

Probably not before spring, I would go again for US Thanksgiving but doubt hubby would want to make the trip.

Not dangerous, we could just have a drink at the Russian Vodka Bar, at $2.50 a drink during happy hour, we could be real happy for little money and not to hard on the wasitline, lol.

Oh well.... glad we cheered you up at least.

I miss you already :(

You two cheered me up alot and sorry I wasn't able to make it earlier to the Russian Vodka Bar. A definite "must" for next time!

Come back soon! :)

Jane

I wish I could also meet Jane110. I will be in the NYC (long Island) area President's Day weekend for a family event. She was so great about sharing her insights when I was dress shopping fthis past winter or DD's wedding 9/05.

I was able to buy a brand new, w/ tags dress on ebay for $10 + 10 shipping and later $85 in alterations. Poor tailor asked me if I "really" wanted to spend that much. Just told him I got it a a price that was worth it, no comment on what I actually paid. I had seen this mfg dresses at a local really good store for >$400.

Available Jane?

MarvHolly,

Thanks for the compliments.

Would be big fun to meet up when you're in NY if our schedules work. When's President's Day weekend? However, if it's in February, I'll be in Australia for the first three weeks of the month.

Jane

OOPS!! It is in February and appears to be while you are gone. It is the weekend of Feb 18/19/20. Family thing is pretty much 2/19. I will probably fly in late on Fri 17th or on Sat 18 and fly home on Mon. 20th anytime I can get decent $$$ air.

I guess I am so aware of the civil service type holidays because both DDs are teachers. I don't get them off but generally they both do.

Archived